SDC Vampires

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

SDC Vampires

Unread post by Tirisilex »

I have a player who wants to play a vampire in my dead reign game. I've been reading RIFTS vampire but its in mega damage. How can I convert it to an SDC world? Vampires in RIFTS are very powerful. I could use some help. A punch does Mega damage.. so they could obliterate a zombie in one punch. Far too powerful.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Re: SDC Vampires

Unread post by dargo83 »

look in the Night Bane books they have sdc vamps in the first book or look at Rifter #49
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

They have supernatural strength, there are SDC tables for SNPS in PF/Nightbane/HU.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tirisilex »

What is SNPS, PF, and HU?
TiekoSora
Explorer
Comment: I've made my saving throw to disbelieve.

Unread post by TiekoSora »

Tirisilex wrote:What is SNPS, PF, and HU?

Supernatural Physical Strength
Palladium Fantasy
Heroes Unlimited

Look for the rules regarding that, in those two books if you have them.
They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
asbjorn
D-Bee
Comment: Rifter Contributor

Unread post by asbjorn »

Gernerally if i am converting a M.D.C. creature to a S.D.C. environment i do it on a point for point basis, so 100 M.D.C. becomes 100 S.D.C. Palladium Fantasy has rules on playing a Secondary Vampire as does Nightbane books, including Wampyrs if regular vampires are too powerfull.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Um vamps have hitpoints. Jussayin. Do not let your player play a master vamp. Secondary vamps are a handful too
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I think even wild vampires would wipe the floor with DR zombies.

Can they even hurt vampires with unarmed attacks? They don't have supernatural strength and I'm not clear if they're magical enough to do that.

If they can do it, can Rifts/Nightbane zombies/mummies hurt vamps with punches too?

You may be limited to Mock/Cultist equipping their hordes with wooden weaopns to actually hurt vamps and even then the regen is broken.

Even wilds know how to mist/wolf/bat to retreat. I think a single vampire could beat thousands of zombies using their natural powers.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
asbjorn
D-Bee

Unread post by asbjorn »

I was rethinking the problem with vampires in DR and think i have a solution, better than my last post, roll up a regualr DR character and give the character the advantages and disadvantages of a Morphus Undead: Vampric Nature or Nosferatu Vampire (Nightbane Survival Guide page 96). They wont be true vampires or nightbane, just vampire like people, that way they player gets the stat boost and some cool abilities with out becomeing too powerful. Just a thought. I hope it works out.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

According to spike tv 50:1. Lol. Those musta been the sparklers. Lol. Tor is quite right. Even a wild Vamp is a terror. But, what stops the zeds from Finding him during the day again?
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

asbjorn wrote:I was rethinking the problem with vampires in DR and think i have a solution, better than my last post, roll up a regualr DR character and give the character the advantages and disadvantages of a Morphus Undead: Vampric Nature or Nosferatu Vampire (Nightbane Survival Guide page 96). They wont be true vampires or nightbane, just vampire like people, that way they player gets the stat boost and some cool abilities with out becomeing too powerful. Just a thought. I hope it works out.

Great idea . Also you could scale down the PS to Extraordinary PS or Super Human PS as in Heroes Unlimited with a simple 1d6 / 2d6 bonus to damage .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Could also just use the half dead occ and remove speed and PB penalties and add a scaled down version of the life leech power (no supernatural strength , no energy blast , no super powers stealing) from HU 2nd Ed Powers Unlimited 3 and give full skill list offered under survivor . A Life force vampire . Keep in mind that even this could unbalance the game if not controlled .
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Poof. He's an anemic Half-Living with erythropoietic porphyria.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
asbjorn
D-Bee

Unread post by asbjorn »

Thank you Trent. I think you are right though, modifying a already existing entity within DR like the Half-Living is probably the best way to go and the easiest to explain in game, "Your vamperism is a result of almost dieing from a zombie attack, now to survive you must absorb P.P.E. through drinking the blood of the living." or something like that. I would really like to hear which route he ultimaltly takes though.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

asbjorn wrote:Thank you Trent. I think you are right though, modifying a already existing entity within DR like the Half-Living is probably the best way to go and the easiest to explain in game, "Your vamperism is a result of almost dieing from a zombie attack, now to survive you must absorb P.P.E. through drinking the blood of the living." or something like that. I would really like to hear which route he ultimaltly takes though.

Ty . After second thought it might be better to leave the cut in Speed and PB . It would balance out the life leech power and give more reason to drain others to over come those limitations . As far as damage to zombies I would not give a big bonus . Maby a extra 1d6 due to an instinctive knowledge of zombie weakness . Remember this is not a supernatural vs supernatural game but more biological . I would also add an extra limitation to balance things out . Something like addiction to life force or a chance of feeding frenzy effect every time the character feeds . The classical weakness to a common substance (not TOO common) is another idea . Remember an over powered character gets boring after awhile because there is no real challenge and can ruin the game for other players .
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Trent wrote:
asbjorn wrote:Thank you Trent. I think you are right though, modifying a already existing entity within DR like the Half-Living is probably the best way to go and the easiest to explain in game, "Your vamperism is a result of almost dieing from a zombie attack, now to survive you must absorb P.P.E. through drinking the blood of the living." or something like that. I would really like to hear which route he ultimaltly takes though.

Ty . After second thought it might be better to leave the cut in Speed and PB . It would balance out the life leech power and give more reason to drain others to over come those limitations . As far as damage to zombies I would not give a big bonus . Maby a extra 1d6 due to an instinctive knowledge of zombie weakness . Remember this is not a supernatural vs supernatural game but more biological . I would also add an extra limitation to balance things out . Something like addiction to life force or a chance of feeding frenzy effect every time the character feeds . The classical weakness to a common substance (not TOO common) is another idea . Remember an over powered character gets boring after awhile because there is no real challenge and can ruin the game for other players .

Many creatures in rifts and other games have live draining abilities that would make perfect models . Just make sure it drains PPE and HP . Keep the range to touch and require them to maintain a hold of some kind on the victim for at least 3 melee actions for full effect .
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Tirisilex wrote:I have a player who wants to play a vampire in my dead reign game. I've been reading RIFTS vampire but its in mega damage. How can I convert it to an SDC world? Vampires in RIFTS are very powerful. I could use some help. A punch does Mega damage.. so they could obliterate a zombie in one punch. Far too powerful.

The Western Empire book for PFRPG has the SDC-version vampires in it.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

The Beast wrote:
Tirisilex wrote:I have a player who wants to play a vampire in my dead reign game. I've been reading RIFTS vampire but its in mega damage. How can I convert it to an SDC world? Vampires in RIFTS are very powerful. I could use some help. A punch does Mega damage.. so they could obliterate a zombie in one punch. Far too powerful.

Would that be too powerful for Dead reign ? (btw I used to live in Evansville ind . Just 50 miles south of there now)
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Trent wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Would that be too powerful for Dead reign ? (btw I used to live in Evansville ind . Just 50 miles south of there now)

They're pretty much the same as the VK ones. Mainly anything mentioning MDC is changed to SDC, and, IIRC, they don't have wild vampires. AFAIK everything else is the same.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Could a zombie even hurt a vampire considering the invulnerability?

Some of them would be wielding wood weapons, sure, but aside from maybe Mock Zombies or those led by cultists I don't think any would be able to acquire the lore to know to do this intentionally.

Possibly a Thinker dual-wielding a wood bat and a steel knife might realize the bat works better than the knife and stick to that. Maybe witness it in others. Dunno, not sure of their limits.

Return to “Dead Reign™”