omg Dead Reign™ Graveyard Earth™ want it

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

omg Dead Reign™ Graveyard Earth™ want it

Unread post by ZINO »

ok i like Dead Reign felt wasn't given enough love
so here it is

NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 5: Graveyard Earth™ – Ships May

When the dead rise and communications and power grids collapse, nothing matters except your own survival. But what about the rest of the world? What’s happening in other places? Has any government survived? Is anyplace safe?

Dead Reign™ Graveyard Earth™ tries to answer those questions and others. And in doing so, provides gamers and G.M.s with more fuel for adventure.

Zombie World Tour – How the Wave and the Zombie Apocalypse has played out across the globe.
A Thousand Miles of Dead – Getting home from abroad in a world of zombies.
American military forces overseas and their journey home.
Alternative campaign settings and Random Campaign Setting tables.
Random Encounters by Region and Random Survivor Leaders.
Level of Zombie Threat table. Zombies and exposure to the elements.
Walled cities and other Alternative Safe Havens.
Car problems, aircraft landing conditions and encounters on the road and by sea.
Written by Matthew Clements. Cover by E.M. Gist.
48-64 pages – $12.95 retail (tentative) – Cat. No. 235. Ships May 2014. In final development. Final page count and date of release yet to be determined.

Zombie World Tour – How the Wave and the Zombie Apocalypse has played out across the globe.

this look good and add to ARM Tech is related to globe military para industries

A Thousand Miles of Dead – Getting home from abroad in a world of zombies.

love to read this section
American military forces overseas and their journey home.

REALLY love to read this section
Alternative campaign settings and Random Campaign Setting tables.

nice
Walled cities and other Alternative Safe Havens.

love it
48-64 pages

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRRRR
Car problems, aircraft landing conditions and encounters on the road and by sea.

good for campaign
IMHO getting it what you think post it
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Re: omg Dead Reign™ Graveyard Earth™ want it

Unread post by Razzinold »

That sounds look it would be a pretty good addition to the Dead Reign line. I especially like the Level of Zombie Threat Table (good for some unbiased GM rolls) and the walled cities and safe havens.

Not so sure about the military though, I thought the whole point to this game is that there was no major military presence that could help out?
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Military trying to return home is probably small groups of scattered survivors and not whole companies .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Alternative campaign settings and Random Campaign Setting tables. Does that mean alternate threats other than zombies ? Something like 28 days ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

wish we get dedicated US military OCC army, navy ,air force and last marines with MOS and not the dead regin military OCC
I.M.H.O
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

Unread post by Illendaver »

48 Pages? Really? I get the feeling that they could just gather up the stuff we talk about in the forums and poop out 48 pages every 2 months or so. I Really like Dead Reign because it is one of the easier to get into games for newbies. But if I am showing up with books that look like pamphlets I think they are just going to laugh at me.
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Illendaver wrote:48 Pages? Really? I get the feeling that they could just gather up the stuff we talk about in the forums and poop out 48 pages every 2 months or so. I Really like Dead Reign because it is one of the easier to get into games for newbies. But if I am showing up with books that look like pamphlets I think they are just going to laugh at me.

Good news - it's 64 pages. :P But anyway, it's still an improvement. And at least they have a smattering of Dead Reign articles in The Rifter as well, and some of the earlier pre-release stuff could be modified for use in the game that is in full production, like I would do. If I remember correctly, a lot of that stuff was global in nature, so perhaps it could give clues to what is in the actual sourcebook. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Well I just got my copy of Dead Reign Sourcebook 5: Graveyard Earth a couple of days ago, and let me say that it is superb! :-D It is very comprehensive on describing the world of Dead Reign, and I look forward to what the future holds for the game. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a great day everyone!

whassupman03 8)

P.S.: And thank you Palladium Books for making it so great. Kudos to you! :mrgreen:

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

Well I just got my copy of Dead Reign Sourcebook 5: Graveyard Earth a couple of days ago, and let me say that it is superb! :-D It is very comprehensive on describing the world of Dead Reign, and I look forward to what the future holds for the game. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a great day everyone!

whassupman03 8)

P.S.: And thank you Palladium Books for making it so great. Kudos to you! :mrgreen:

That's cool, was there a large section on the walled cities ?

Now if only I could find someone selling a copy I could read it for myself :lol:
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Razzinold wrote:
whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

whassupman03 8)

That's cool, was there a large section on the walled cities ?

Now if only I could find someone selling a copy I could read it for myself :lol:

There was about a page and a half pertaining to walled cities, mainly an encounter table in which rolling the percentage would give the type of walls it would have. But if I remember correctly it had good-sized descriptions of each result, and some common information about them. Also, there were clues throughout the book of fortified border regions (e.g. the Korean DMZ, the defensive walls of Israel, etc.) and various military bases around the world that have survived and were turned into safe havens and anti-zombie fortresses, so there are tidbits elsewhere as well. I was just thinking that the available writings in this book would suit your needs. Ensuring that I don't name specific businesses because I'm not sure if it violates forum rules, I bought my copy at discount from a small business in the Northeast that caters to gamers of all kinds, both to get a better price and to support local game stores nationwide. Luckily, their shipping was top-notch, so I got it early. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03

P.S.: Surprisingly to me, this book's descriptions are dated for the Wave happening in 2008 (For those of you playing the home game it is the original publication year of Dead Reign.), because I set the date to 2012 for my research. While it is still feasible and open-ended enough to change that, it will take some work to do so when considering troop dispositions, surviving safe havens, current events, new equipment, and a laundry list of other things, but at least I'll try to recalibrate my research.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

2008... ?
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Josh Hilden wrote:2008... ?

Sorry about not replying earlier, but the figures used in the sourcebook are tuned to a scenario where the Wave hits in 2008, because that is when Dead Reign was first released to the public. For example, it still has around 120,000 American and allied soldiers operating in Iraq, and it also mentions a Category 4 hurricane hitting the Florida and I think Georgia and South Carolina (I'm not sure, maybe Hurricane Gustav... or Ike? :?). But anyway, that is how they did it. Luckily for those of us who prefer to set the Wave into motion later in time, they include tips to set the Wave up for 2014, but I really didn't see any sort of system to do so. Even so, please take care; thanks a bunch for listening, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:

P.S.: Happy New Year folks!

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”