Escape

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Escape

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

You and your scouting group has been cornered by a large group of slouchers. One person notices a manhole right below your feet. Another sees a fire escape up the building next to you. Which way do you go?
ZS01
Saustin65
D-Bee
Comment: "If you're not having fun, then what's the use of living for."

Re: Escape

Unread post by Saustin65 »

Depends on how far the fire escape is and what might be in the way.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Fire escape.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Torval
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Torval »

There could be merit to either escape although something tells me that going into the sewers will offer more danger but also more opportunities for movement. Using the fire escape to go up may get me out of immediate danger but it could also leave me stranded on a roof to die of exposure, thirst, etc.

I vote sewer.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Do I have a light source?

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

flatline wrote:Do I have a light source?

--flatline

You have your standard zombie kit. So you should have som sort of light source.
ZS01
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I shine the flashlight into the water at the bottom of the sewer. How clear is the water?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

I push Tor into the sewer to see if he gets eaten, then I will make my decision.

Just kidding, since I have no idea where the sewers lead (or if they are infest with Zeds, not to mention disease) I would choose the fire escape.

I figure at least being on top of a building I can see my surroundings, I could try and break into the building from the roof, or window beside the fire escape or try and cross to another building, etc.
Dr. Avery
D-Bee

Unread post by Dr. Avery »

Depends on how well I know the area. However, if I'm running blind up is my first choice.
Never take a Paladin to do an Assasins job.
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CarCrasher »

Sewers are rife with sickness and disease and should be avoided. Sewers also have areas that barred off and if trying to escape while being followed by the creeps could get you killed. I vote going up the fire escape. It's easier to find a way around through buildings then getting lost in sewers.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

To add my decision, I would go for the fire escape. Some of the reasons I have for choosing the above-ground route have been outlined by similarly-thinking posters. Of course there are several other reasons as well. First, even if you have to vacate the building you climbed into, the fire escape will likely not be the only route into and out of the building, because there may be doors on the other side of the building, where the zombies chasing you won't see unless they turn a corner or two. Being that you are above-ground, your limited supply of handheld light (e.g. flashlights, lightsticks, lanterns, etc.) can be preserved through the daytime by using natural light. In addition, there may be useful supplies to scavenge, such as food, water, medical supplies, and common items that can be used as improvised weapons inside the building whereas any scavenged goods (Not limited to the goods already in your possession) in a sewer would likely be useless due to contamination by raw sewage. :ugh: Even so, a building is much easier to use as as a safe house than a sewer, because of many reasons - and you can mark the building on a map for future missions if necessary where mapping a sewer is much more difficult. And finally, you can likely use the windows and/or roof to keep an eye on everything street-level to plan your next move. Mentioning all that, I would definitely have a solid chance to lose a bunch of zombies by taking the above-ground approach.

Right now, I have to go, so please take care; thanks a bunch for listening, and have a good night everyone.

whassupman03
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”