What are your Ideas for Zombie,s traps?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What are your Ideas for Zombie,s traps?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What are your ideas for Zombie,s traps?

Well for me,I find a abadom house,empty of Zombies,break the Gas main,get the Zombie to follow me in,Escape from a Open,window and lit it up.

So What do you do?
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: What are your Ideas for Zombie,s traps?

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Seems like a good way to burn down an entire neighbourhood, eliminating the possibility of scrounging/salvage, or a safe place to hole-up.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Stand on a bridge until the zombies are right on top of you and then parachute out.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

get a group of them to follow me into a narrow corridor funneling them until they can only attack 1 at a time. Have the rest of team hack at them with chainsaws.
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

A barbwire and razor wire enclosure backed by chain link in 2-3 ringed enclosures surrounding goats. Have a tunnel with a hidden entrance to enter the enclosure and feed or water said goats. Possibly a tower inside the enclosure and a sentry with a suppressed rifle. Burn zombies daily.
wick
Wanderer

Unread post by wick »

Garbage truck modified with a metal box on the inside where your human bait sits and makes noise, visible through a window with a metal grill. When the Z's get inside the bait closes the back door and a door for his small grilled window. Signaling the driver who hits the piston which squishes the z's. Repeat. Could take some time but attached speakers could draw zombies and when they get tired they can just close up tight for the night.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Find a roller coaster or train tracks going over a bridge, take it out so there's a gap with a huge fall, use empty coaster car or mine carts, body flip zombie into it, push it high speed into nowhere.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

ArmySGT. wrote:A barbwire and razor wire enclosure backed by chain link in 2-3 ringed enclosures surrounding goats. Have a tunnel with a hidden entrance to enter the enclosure and feed or water said goats. Possibly a tower inside the enclosure and a sentry with a suppressed rifle. Burn zombies daily.

Good thinking ArmySGT (And it's good to see you again on other forums that I view and have attended... :-D). I foresee a lot of agricultural safe havens setting these up, among other groups, using materials that are available to just about anybody (Perhaps the suppressors are available too, since they are likely legal in many places around these parts for hunting.). Of course there's an extra added bonus to such a lure - the animals inside the enclosure, such as goats or alternatively sheep, cows, etc., could be useful for agricultural purposes. Hypothetically, Farmer John could set up such an enclosure not only to lure zombies into a death trap, but they could also milk them, shear them, etc.; to employ them as multipurpose animals. Even so, it would seem a bit like a weirded-out hybrid of Jurassic Park and The Road Warrior, but it could work. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good afternoon.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Tor wrote:Find a roller coaster or train tracks going over a bridge, take it out so there's a gap with a huge fall, use empty coaster car or mine carts, body flip zombie into it, push it high speed into nowhere.

Couldn't you just lead the dead reign zombies across an elevated rail bridge? Their PP is minimal, at best, odds are they will miss a step and fall to their demise.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
wick
Wanderer

Unread post by wick »

Good idea about the elevated rail bridge. Except you can be treed with zombies on each end.

The main problem, and the problem with all traps is saturation attacks and envelopment.

Saturation: Sure, your sharpened stakes, bear traps, moats, etc... disable the first 100 zombies, but their fellows just crawl over them at get you.

Envelopment: So you have the zombies at bay, now what? You are trapped and can't kill enough zombies before your supplies run out. Classic Rick grimes prison fence (Daily chore of thinning out the zombies at the fence) or Dawn of the dead moat of zombies between the gun shop and the mall ( you can spend a few hours each day shooting zombies and not make a dent).
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Grimes failed because they were wasting ammo shooting through fences when they could've conserved through impalement. Rather than passively impaling those who wandered toward the fence they should have been actively baiting them 24/7.

The reason they did this I think was because they wanted zombies around as a natural barrier against aggressive humans, just not so many they could knock the fence over or prevent them going on supply runs.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

Ok so first.... I have thought about this more than I should have.... Walls of your safe zone should be made of connexes (http://county10.com/2012/10/05/county-g ... r-project/)

Second you have to make a kill zone. You create a hallway of these and funnel the zombies in. Each day you take a steam roller or a large truck with a rolling implement on the front and you open the kill zone and roll over all the bastards in your path.

THe second thing is what they had on the walking dead this week. WHen you get to a safe enough place in the world then you go out to the cardinal points around you and use a back hoe to create holes 25' deep and 100' in diameter. Put a noise creating implement in the hole and lure them in. Put a way to get in easily for your team (even having a kill zone on one side) and once every few weeks when the population starts getting out of control you crush them all.

The rolling implement could be a large truck with tractor tires on a pole welded to the front.
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Ebola. Infect a few, trigger a moan. Any flesh eating bug will do. Don't know the D.R. setting too well, maybe zombies are immune to such things for... reasons. But there are a ton of chemicals that one can find in every day machine shops that are caustic to flesh. With no ethical limits on what you can and can't do in a war. Mass killing zombies should be child's play. Ways to kill people like beings on this scale was solved back in 1915. Mechanical engineer skill (for building the delivery system)+Chemistry (for putting together the weapon load) should provide all of the skills you need. After that, look at the local environment and set your trap.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i like to use some of taalismns Paladin Steel stuff in my DR game like his zombex spray, NecroGo Anti-Zombie Pellets, and Pharaoh Beetles.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Strategic placement of solar powered treadmill banks (with battery storage capability) all around the city.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Alrik Vas wrote:Strategic placement of solar powered treadmill banks (with battery storage capability) all around the city.

Hmm... half-Z Nation, half Scooby Doo. And action! :P Solar-powered treadmills sound kinda neat, and funny too. :lol: Perhaps you can treadmill the zombies like a conveyor belt into a series of traps? :roll: That would possibly be useful to screw with the zombies and make the Death Cults do a double take, though they might sabotage the treadmills in retaliation. Brad Ashley would be laughing his head off. :-) Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

It is a silly idea, but I like it. :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Alrik Vas wrote:It is a silly idea, but I like it. :P

I can see the post-Wave HAM radio broadcasts now:

Hiring a team of exterminators to take out a zombie infestation: A chest full of high-value trade goods.
Sipping on a hoarded malt beverage while the zombies fly off a homebuilt treadmill into a biodiesel refining vat: Priceless.

There are some things you can't buy. For everything else, there's ReaperCard. This broadcast brought to you by Rob's Zombie Biodiesel; we concentrate 'em, you incinerate 'em!

Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :lol:

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”