Dead Reign & Systems Failure

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Dead Reign & Systems Failure

Unread post by Marrowlight »

I've been debating trying to bridge the two settings into one. Has anyone experimented with this yet? And if so, how successful was the process/campaign?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Dead Reign & Systems Failure

Unread post by jaymz »

I haven't played either (have them both) but since the original writers of Dead Reign (who were since downgraded to contributing writers of the game as opposed to the authors) actually used Systems Failure as the their basis for rules and classes, during playtesting, I'd imagine it should bridge pretty well.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

jaymz wrote:I haven't played either (have them both) but since the original writers of Dead Reign (who were since downgraded to contributing writers of the game as opposed to the authors) actually used Systems Failure as the their basis for rules and classes, during playtesting, I'd imagine it should bridge pretty well.

Yep, it was a pretty cool bridging. Of course very little of that (if any) survives outside the original manuscript.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I ran a brief campaign using System Failure O.C.C. and the Zombies from the original Dead Reign Rifter article and went very well.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

Shawn Merrow wrote:I ran a brief campaign using System Failure O.C.C. and the Zombies from the original Dead Reign Rifter article and went very well.

Care to compare & contrast this experience against the official rules? Sounds interesting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

The combat rules are different and the O.C.C. have different special abilities. I think it works well and we had fun. If you do it, any bug related skill or ability should become a Zombie one.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

What are the major differences in the combat rules? Is DR more RUE-ish while SF is more HUish?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Dead Reign™”