Silly zombie killing methods

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Icefalcon
Champion

Silly zombie killing methods

Unread post by Icefalcon »

What silly zombie killing methods have you thought of?

I was just thinking what would happen if I let millions of carrion beetles go on zombie. A plague to fight a plague?
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Silly zombie killing methods

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Icefalcon wrote:What silly zombie killing methods have you thought of?

I was just thinking what would happen if I let millions of carrion beetles go on zombie. A plague to fight a plague?

Large agricultural tractor with a brush hog on the back and a sound system blaring Hank Williams Junior.

Just mowing them down. Get it? Mowing. Them. Down.

Nevamind.
Icefalcon
Champion

Bunch of razor wire strung between two buses. The cheese grater of death.
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Steam Roller playing "Ice Cream" truck music from a PA system.

Code: Select all

[img] http://wannaberapper.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/steamroller.jpg?w=510 [img]
Pentoth
D-Bee

Unread post by Pentoth »

Axe rake. Leave laying around for undead to step on.
Icefalcon
Champion

Spring boards set to toss zombies over a cliff.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Gothic_Ronin wrote:The weirdest I have ever heard off, was a zombie game (Homebrew not DR). Where a group of players had taken a bus and cut holes and mounted a number of chainsaws along the floor with the blades sticking out the sides. It was pretty comical.

Sounds like they just took this strategy from the Dawn of the Dead remake's scene.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Tor wrote:
Gothic_Ronin wrote:The weirdest I have ever heard off, was a zombie game (Homebrew not DR). Where a group of players had taken a bus and cut holes and mounted a number of chainsaws along the floor with the blades sticking out the sides. It was pretty comical.

Sounds like they just took this strategy from the Dawn of the Dead remake's scene.

one player in my DR group actually did the same thing with the propane tank, used it as a zombie bomb
The Dragon Has Spoken
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I prefer to eat them before they eat me.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
ScrapDaddy
D-Bee

Unread post by ScrapDaddy »

We had an NPC drive an actual ice cream truck into a group of 50+ zombies, fly out the back on a dirt bike, then pushed a button to explode liquid nitrogen tanks in the truck to flash freeze them. He zipped back in and chucked a grenade or two in to shatter them.

My player group used a remote control dinosaur (like the ones at ToysRUs)with an airhorn taped to it to lead them into a box truck rigged with explosives.

It's only silly if it doesn't work. ;)
"When fate taps you on the shoulder, You best pay attention. Unfortunately, Fate has that blasted habit of tapping the opposite shoulder, so when you turn, she's on your other side, Giggling like a schoolgirl. I hate that"
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

My buddy had made bathtub plastique, then filled a cooler with it. He took an iPod with recordings of Fozzie Bear on it and taped to the top. In a large group of zombies, he'd turn on the iPod, which would attract the zombies. Then, BOOM!

He dubbed these explosives "Wokka Wokka Bombs."
Aku-Arkaine
Wanderer

Unread post by Aku-Arkaine »

Craziest thing one of my players did was hold a sword out the window of a pickup to cut of zombie heads. Still to this day don't know why they didn't just run them over.
Sir Orin Neville Smythe: Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell -- The Flight of the Dragons
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

That PC must've been quite strong, that would break most arms, even for a bunch of rotting necks. The whole reason you can chop off a sword with your arms is by swinging it enough to build up momentum. Simply holding out a sword would be a series of shocking impacts at a really bad angle for applying force.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
ScrapDaddy
D-Bee

Played a game sunday where we used a firetruck (ARFF truck to be exact) to freeze the zombies and plow through them.
"When fate taps you on the shoulder, You best pay attention. Unfortunately, Fate has that blasted habit of tapping the opposite shoulder, so when you turn, she's on your other side, Giggling like a schoolgirl. I hate that"
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Did they shatter? Freezing preserves zombies so once they thaw, they could be reassembled by a death cult.
ScrapDaddy
D-Bee

That they did, and we probably just set up for one hell of a Walking Grave. As far as death cults re-assembling them, I'm confident that we have destroyed the Cult of Brulyx in this particular region. We had a MAJOR confrontation involving tanks and explosives.

That would be interesting as a plot twist, and thanks for pointing that out, Tor!
Maybe a Priest who barely survived the attack will reassemble them into a colossal walking grave and seek vengeance on our party.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Aku-Arkaine wrote:Craziest thing one of my players did was hold a sword out the window of a pickup to cut of zombie heads. Still to this day don't know why they didn't just run them over.

Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Jefffar gains a Corruption point.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

Unread post by Illendaver »

Driving a tractor into town and then setting a brick onto the pedal and "aiming" it at the gas tanks in the center of town. Hop out at least one block away or your probably not going to survive the explosion.
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

ScrapDaddy wrote:As far as death cults re-assembling them, I'm confident that we have destroyed the Cult of Brulyx in this particular region. We had a MAJOR confrontation involving tanks and explosives.
The cult's agents in other regions might learn of the preserved corpses and opt to hire a third party to collect the parts for them. Offer a body bounty, so to speak.
ScrapDaddy
D-Bee

Sweet twist, Tor. Thanks!
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CarCrasher »

It was silly in the beginning! My group decided to build a mobile fortress. Using the track system from 4 cranes chassised together. A large encompassing wall of steel on the rig. Four dual mounted machine guns, 4 flamethrowers, mounted grenade launchers, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, assault rifles, sidearms galore, crossbows, bows, knives, shotguns. A kickin sound system to attract the horde. They actually spend several sessions rounding up the building materials, ammo. Several sessions to build it. It was a mobile home base. It was intense. At a max speed of 8 km/hr it was slow rumbling monster.
Saustin65
D-Bee
Comment: "If you're not having fun, then what's the use of living for."

Unread post by Saustin65 »

CarCrasher wrote:It was silly in the beginning! My group decided to build a mobile fortress. Using the track system from 4 cranes chassised together. A large encompassing wall of steel on the rig. Four dual mounted machine guns, 4 flamethrowers, mounted grenade launchers, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, assault rifles, sidearms galore, crossbows, bows, knives, shotguns. A kickin sound system to attract the horde. They actually spend several sessions rounding up the building materials, ammo. Several sessions to build it. It was a mobile home base. It was intense. At a max speed of 8 km/hr it was slow rumbling monster.

I presume that you did not let them keep it for long. So my question is "What happened to it."
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Saustin65 wrote:
CarCrasher wrote:It was silly in the beginning! My group decided to build a mobile fortress. Using the track system from 4 cranes chassised together. A large encompassing wall of steel on the rig. Four dual mounted machine guns, 4 flamethrowers, mounted grenade launchers, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, assault rifles, sidearms galore, crossbows, bows, knives, shotguns. A kickin sound system to attract the horde. They actually spend several sessions rounding up the building materials, ammo. Several sessions to build it. It was a mobile home base. It was intense. At a max speed of 8 km/hr it was slow rumbling monster.

I presume that you did not let them keep it for long. So my question is "What happened to it."

On it's maiden voyage it ran out of fuel in a sea of the horde. Not enough ammo to shoot to their way out. It was a slow death by dehydration. As for the rig. It still sits there useless surrounded by the holey, crispy, piecey bodies of former people.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

Here's an idea: Using a crop dusting plane to 'dust' large clusters of zombies with lime to make them rot faster.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Looonatic wrote:Here's an idea: Using a crop dusting plane to 'dust' large clusters of zombies with lime to make them rot faster.

"Lime" or "Lye"? Both are caustic (lye much more so), but neither seem to have a much better chance of defeating a Zombie's regeneration ability.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

that is true about lime or lye even if it would work to a point or it might make a walking grave or a bunch of fused zeds
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Don't forget that water makes the dissolution more effective.
Icefalcon
Champion

Zombies rotting from having lye poured on them and then bumping into each other seems like a quick way of creating fused zombies.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Icefalcon wrote:Zombies rotting from having lye poured on them and then bumping into each other seems like a quick way of creating fused zombies.

Agreed! :ok:
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Maybe a more caaustic form of acid would be helpful? Something like Fluoroantimonic acid. Its significantly more powerful then 100% sulfuric acid. Make up some bulbs full of that stuff and throw it at the creeps. Or if it comes down to it some raiders would have a very bad day if they messed with you!!
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Not to change the topic, but seriously - no one has come up with a Rube Goldberg machine?[sup]1[/sup] :lol:

whassupman03

P.S.: Perhaps you could take a look at Futurama's Season Six, Episode 23 (Yes, the Yeti episode)...

[1]: Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Big Glue Bomb,that will show them down,aloowing head shots.
Icefalcon
Champion

I like the glue bomb. It is a silly thing I had not even considered. Maybe I should go back to the Looney Tunes style of silly.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

i have used the glue bomb and yes i have made a Rube Goldberg machine thats one of the ways we do our ZKWs zombie kill of the weeks in my game (yes we have a compatition in my game they get rewarded with first, second, or third place)
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

gaby wrote:Big Glue Bomb,that will show them down,aloowing head shots.

Yes, that would be a good way of slowing them down for head shots. It reminds me of that scene in the movie Hulk where they slowed the Hulk down with a spray gun full of hardening foam. Or at least they tried to at least. :?

dargo83 wrote:i have used the glue bomb and yes i have made a Rube Goldberg machine thats one of the ways we do our ZKWs zombie kill of the weeks in my game (yes we have a compatition in my game they get rewarded with first, second, or third place)

[Cue Honey, I Shrunk the Kids theme music] Cool! Having a contest like the Zombie Kill of the Week is creative, and I can appreciate the sport in the competition. Still, I wonder as to what kinds of zombie kills win first place. That would be good to hear about. :-D

whassupman03
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”