Taser effects on undead, thought?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would a taser work?

Yes
9%
No
63%
Maybe
21%
BRAINS!
7%

Total votes: 43

Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Taser effects on undead, thought?

Unread post by Tirisilex »

So Anti Psychotics like Zyprexa, Risperdol, Chlozaril.. all are Dopamine Inhibitors.. They can stop a Zombie? How do you administer it? Youd have to raid alot of Pharmacies.. What if someone in your crew is Schizo? They are gonna need these meds too.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Josh Hilden wrote:In the Book The Zombie Autopsies electricity and Dopamine inhibitors both effect the dead.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Autopsies- ... +autopsies

Woundnt it depend on the origin of the undead ? On what reanimated the dead body ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dopamine Inhibiters seem not practicle. You would need alot of it.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Too many unknowns to say for certain, but there's one thing I know for sure.

Brains are delicious.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

I've only seen the Movies Return of the Living Dead 1,2,3,4 where the zombies are saying "Braaaaiiins"
and the Movie "Warm Bodies" where brains are the best part. Most Zombie films zombies just munch on whatever body part is closest to them. Usually intestines and other abdominal organs. Or should I say long sausages with redish BBQ sauce.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

well if they FEED off energy the taser may be feeding them . Unless it is an overload effect . The human body generates bio-electrical energy BUT a taser had a great effect on us . Dead brains do not generate or receive impulse so the taser may increase ability for a short time . This question could go in many directions and drive a person insane well beyond the grave so i am useing it as the new origin of zombies . They now moan "DoTasersHurtUs?" .
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Josh Hilden wrote:In the Book The Zombie Autopsies electricity and Dopamine inhibitors both effect the dead.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Autopsies- ... +autopsies

This is useful Josh. Do they go into how the zombies are animated in the first place? BTW, thanks for the info.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Icefalcon
Champion

Trent wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of a cattle prod or stick taser (something like 18-24 inches). It gives yo a bit of reach instead of being right in grappling range.

There are ways to increase the output to those but forget where I read it

I know I saw it in an episode of Bones. I cannot remember how it was accomplished though.
Icefalcon
Champion

I am thinking that if you can get the voltage and the amperage high enough, you can bypass shocking them all together to just start melting tissue. This idea occurred to me at work the other day (I am a welder) as I was watching the welding lead melt 1/4 inch steel rather rapidly. And let me tell you, the amount of heat that is produced is enough to burn skin through thick leather gloves if you are not careful.
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

Icefalcon wrote:I am thinking that if you can get the voltage and the amperage high enough, you can bypass shocking them all together to just start melting tissue. This idea occurred to me at work the other day (I am a welder) as I was watching the welding lead melt 1/4 inch steel rather rapidly. And let me tell you, the amount of heat that is produced is enough to burn skin through thick leather gloves if you are not careful.

Got to love a good arc welder . Hay i wonder how weld flash would effect the zombie life sense . or if anything else along those lines could "blind" them or overload there senses even if short term . Its an energy sense like the electromagnetic sense of some animals . Mostly birds and insects but does include some mammals . And their senses can be disrupted .
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Tirisilex wrote:Dopamine Inhibiters seem not practicle. You would need alot of it.
If the Zombies in question in the work of fiction are Supernatural, then Dopamine Inhibitors won't be any more effectual than Tasers -unless and until such time as the authors of that fictional work explicitly decree that their zombies are susceptible to such things.

If the Zombies in question are non-supernatural (not actually possible, but let's say they are for the sake of argument), then Dopamine Inhibitors wouldn't work anyway, as there isn't actually a brain remaining for those drugs to affect, not in the biochemical sense.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Return to “Dead Reign™”