The Glow

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The Glow

Unread post by Tirisilex »

Maybe the sunlight somehow dulls the aura in the daytime? The sun radiates some light that dulls the aura?
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I don't think it does, I think it just competes... like how traffick lights don't seem as bright in the day even if they are.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Tirisilex wrote:Zombies can see you even though they have no eyes.. (Page 25) The glow can be seen in the daytime just as much as in the night time. Yes it's an aura that extends about in inch from your body.. So clothes and armor isn't going to work. It's a bit confusing.. They can see without eyes but see in the dark better??

I do not like the fact they can sense you in so many ways.. They can easily find you by scent in a home.. There is practically no way to hide from a zombie.
The Glow is a 'form-fitting' aura that surrounds the body, yet doesn't correspond to the rules of physics or photonic energy due to its supernatural nature; if you're hiding just around a corner, even in a pitch-black space, the zeds wouldn't be able to track you visually the same way that they could if you were actually, physically glowing.

And yes, you can hide your body's glow under heavy-enough clothing or any substance that is light-opaque no matter how thin or thick; you just have to be sure that you've completely covered yourself.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

How thick das a Material need to be to block the Glow?
What about reflections in mirrors can the zombie see the glow?
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Unread post by JimmyB »

If you go strictly by definition, they either
directly see you. As they have a LOS range.

OR, They simply "SENSE" you.
This range ignores LOS, it simply
works on proximity.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

gaby wrote:How thick das a Material need to be to block the Glow?
A. The material only has to be "light opaque" to stop the glow, not sheer or see-through as is indirectly stated in the books -however, every single teeny tiny part of the skin has to be covered up.

(In practical terms, in the post-apocalyptic setting of Dead Reign, it is hard to imagine how this would be accomplished without also blinding and deafening the character attempting to stay hidden from their sight.)

B. As has been pointed out in previous posts that in turn reference information found in the books, The Glow doesn't act like normal light, and since it doesn't throw off light according to the laws of physics, The Glow itself wouldn't cast a reflection even though the physical body would as normal.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

cornholioprime wrote:
A. The material only has to be "light opaque" to stop the glow, not sheer or see-through as is indirectly stated in the books -however, every single teeny tiny part of the skin has to be covered up.

(In practical terms, in the post-apocalyptic setting of Dead Reign, it is hard to imagine how this would be accomplished without also blinding and deafening the character attempting to stay hidden from their sight.)

B. As has been pointed out in previous posts that in turn reference information found in the books, The Glow doesn't act like normal light, and since it doesn't throw off light according to the laws of physics, The Glow itself wouldn't cast a reflection even though the physical body would as normal.

Helmet and tinted or mirrored goggles ?
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Trent wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Helmet and tinted or mirrored goggles ?
Hard to say.

Remember when the Terminator got his biological eye damaged and the cybernetic red eye underneath showed, even when he had his own sunglasses on?? I was thinking that a human's Glow would be even more visible to a Dead Reign zombie.....

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

sHaka wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
sHaka wrote:Even without the glow, night time is still not a good time to be moving around. Zeds have pretty good - if short ranged- night vision, are attracted to moving lights (torches, headlights etc) which they will see from afar and still have their life and scent sensing abilities.

Which is why you don't use torches, headlights and so on... unless you're night-blind.

Or just hunker-down at night, and move around during the day where there's lots of free light :P

I see better at night than I do in sunlight (it's a genetic thing).
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

If glow doesn't reflect in mirrors, that could create some interesting tactics for sharpshooters and their bouncing around corners.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Dead Reign™”