Maps for Dead Reign.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Maps for Dead Reign.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Does anyone use maps for thier Dead Reign games? Also, are those maps home made maps? Fictional or Real world?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Maps for Dead Reign.

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I use Google Earth to help with maps.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I have toyed with the idea of using street view to show exactly were they are and the buildings around.
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

I use home made maps for my campaign. I detail the innards of the buildings and the streets surrounding them. Do you need any?
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Well, the reasoning behind this thread is that maybe we could post links to various maps that people use in thier games. So if you have any that you like to use, then by all means, post them.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Shawn Merrow wrote:I use Google Earth to help with maps.

This
Lord Death
Explorer

Unread post by Lord Death »

I use Google Earth to help with maps.

I use home made maps for my campaign. I detail the innards of the buildings and the streets surrounding them. Do you need any?

i use both.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Like several other folks here, I use Google maps, and Google street view. I have a second computer set up at my GM station specifically for following my players in Dead Reign.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

wolf-g1 wrote:We just go down to AAA and get them for free with my budys card

nicely done
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'll just use the atlases and maps I have. I have quite a collection of them for various games I've played.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

I too use google earth. I have also found floor plans for some types of buildings and used those. My best prop is Zombies the board game though. Map squares for revealing the city + 100 zombies.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Aramanthus
Monk

That does work and you can print them when you meed to. That is how I got the entire area of Istanbul for another game I'm running.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
ghost2020
Adventurer

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Google searches for building maps are easily found as well. Hotels, offices, buildings, etc.

There are a few gaming books/PDF products that have modern maps. Check RPGNow for that stuff.
Aku-Arkaine
Wanderer

Unread post by Aku-Arkaine »

The game I run I kept my players local. I just got the free maps the county and each of the surrounding counties put out to use.
Sir Orin Neville Smythe: Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend, and then farewell -- The Flight of the Dragons
Aramanthus
Monk

That works too. I've got quite a collection of maps around here.

HH....FIE
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Shawn Merrow wrote:I use Google Earth to help with maps.

Same here. But I just use it as a loose refernce tool (as some of my players bring laptops and try to out smart me). I'm thinking about buying a few cheap folding maps to use as props in the campaign for the players (and cutting of their access to my wi-fi).

Also I bought a good sized dry erase board to detail building interiors, close encounters, whatever needs detailing.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Aramanthus
Monk

My campaign is set in my home town. I am using maps from AAA of my home town. And I also use google for close in shots.

HH....FIE
kaneman19
D-Bee

Unread post by kaneman19 »

for my game i used raccon city from resident evil the the police station as well the mansion been realy cool so far
victor15065
Wanderer

Unread post by victor15065 »

Buy I street finder map. Book at Walmart for your hometown and play there its fun
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

victor15065 wrote:Buy I street finder map. Book at Walmart for your hometown and play there its fun

Not that I have played Dead Reign (I'm more of the gearheading type when it comes to games. :wink:), but Rand McNally's maps are nice. Hmm... the StreetFinders supplied by Rand McNally look like they would be useful, so I'll check them out myself. :-) But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”