Any word ...

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Any word ...

Unread post by Lord Z »

I have not been received any information about that yet.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Are we there yet?

I gotta pee!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

So as the subject line says, any word yet on when we'll be able to make some purchases to help Alex?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

We know from experience that pesting Wayne with questions is unlikely to get us answers any sooner. Wayne will talk with us when he is ready and not before that. Nonetheless, I intend to call the office some time in August.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Give them 2 weeks post GenCon to unwind, relax, recover and get back onto their crazy 80 hour treadmill.

But I still gotta pee!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Now that the Contributors' copies have been released, please feel free to discuss what you find within. Several contributors are anxious for feedback.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Any word from Palladium?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

This is the message I sent to Alex:
Subject: Rifter #0.1 and your stake in it
Hey Alex,

I don't know if you have seen Rifter #0.1 or not. I corrected a spelling mistake on the contributors' page this week. Since I am sending out links to all the contributors so that they can get the corrected version, I decided to send you a link as well. (link edited out)

Look, we sent a finished product to Wayne several months ago along with a huge stack of signed Unsolicited Manuscript Forms. We haven't heard back. We all understand that Palladium continually has a lot happening every week, and we understand that this project is a low priority. Nonetheless, there has never been a mention in Kevin's Weekly Updates nor has Wayne even let us know he received the package.

The bottom line is that you are the guy with the most to gain or lose. We are talking about money going into your pocket or not going into your pocket. You are the only person with a horse in this proverbial race. Whether or not a copy ever gets sold is ultimately your business, not mine. I am just making certain that you know the situation.

That Guy,
Scott Z

This is the response I got on October 18th...
Thanks for the heads up Scott. I will talk to Kevin about this.

Regards,
Alex Marciniszyn

So, that is all we know.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Thanks for the update. Here's keeping the fingers crossed!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Unfortunately, a lot of the material is dated for a 2011 release. The legal jargon and even the material itself in the BtS is specifically dated for 2011. Since a 2011 release is now looking all but impossible, this material will have to be updated again for the year that it is put out.

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

Lord Z wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of the material is dated for a 2011 release. The legal jargon and even the material itself in the BtS is specifically dated for 2011. Since a 2011 release is now looking all but impossible, this material will have to be updated again for the year that it is put out.

Well im happy to sign another UMF if that is required
connecting the dots
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

krispy wrote:
Lord Z wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of the material is dated for a 2011 release. The legal jargon and even the material itself in the BtS is specifically dated for 2011. Since a 2011 release is now looking all but impossible, this material will have to be updated again for the year that it is put out.

Same here.

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Involved Observer wrote:
krispy wrote:

Same here.

Same

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thank you for the offer, noble contributors. Unfortunately, we do not know what Palladium still needs from us. It might be UMFs for contracts or anything. I did call Alex on Sunday afternoon. He was on his way to package some Grab Bag Specials and only had a minute to speak with me. I did not have time to mention any of our suggestions. He explained that the office staff is struggling to get caught up following his own illness -- that much is what I expected to hear. He told me that he would specifically discuss the situation with Kevin after the first of the year. He is supposed to call me sometime in January. I offered our services to help do 'whatever it is that needs doing.' He thanked me and restated that he would call me back. I told him to take care of himself as best as he could, and we said goodbyes. I seriously do not expect anyone to call me in January, but we will see.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Lord Z wrote:Thank you for the offer, noble contributors. Unfortunately, we do not know what Palladium still needs from us. It might be UMFs for contracts or anything. I did call Alex on Sunday afternoon. He was on his way to package some Grab Bag Specials and only had a minute to speak with me. I did not have time to mention any of our suggestions. He explained that the office staff is struggling to get caught up following his own illness -- that much is what I expected to hear. He told me that he would specifically discuss the situation with Kevin after the first of the year. He is supposed to call me sometime in January. I offered our services to help do 'whatever it is that needs doing.' He thanked me and restated that he would call me back. I told him to take care of himself as best as he could, and we said goodbyes. I seriously do not expect anyone to call me in January, but we will see.

:eek: Wha...what? You talked with Alex and you didn't even wish him a merry Christmas?!! :P :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for keeping all of us in the loop.

And merry Christmas to all!

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, if you know me you'll know I'm more than willing to sign a new UMF. But, if we do go into some more editing, I hope you'll let me kow. There are a few things I might be able to tweak while you're at it (should be minor stuff). And, just for fun, part of my most recent X-Mas Surprise Package wish list ...

4: While I know you're busy in December, to take a little time in January to look into the Rifter 0.1 project submitted earlier this year.

I thought it would be a creative way to address the topic at hand and thought I would share. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shame this is taking so long.

I was hoping that we could begin work on a new RifterZero in early 2012, but it doesn't make sense to get people excited about a new project until the old one is published.

BTW, how difficult would it to be to format the R0 for e-readers like the Kindle?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

To answer Spinichcat's question, I don't know. I would have to look up the specifics of each e-reader, but it does seem to me that they all read pdfs well. So the text portions should load just fine. It would be interesting if someone with a Kindle, Nook, or Sony were to try this just to see how it loads.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if you have .PDF's, you can run it through calibre to get 'rough and ready' versions in any of the major ebook formats. palladium PDF's would have an edge up there, since their books are simple text with B&W images already..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Let's try redirecting our attention to what we have already done. I suspect that all of us contributors are interested in receiving some feedback. We have had our contributor-pdfs for about half of a year now. We should start posting some specific feedback for each other.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

It appears that we might have a break through, thanks to Glitterboy2098. He spoke with Kevin at VisionCon and specifically told Kev about the Rifter #0.1 project.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i also plan to mail some CD's with the PDF's to kevin sometime in the next few weeks, just in case the original submissions had been misfiled or something.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Shawn Merrow

Cool :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Yes! Very cool indeed! :)
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Just got the word your forwarded by e-mail, my Lord Z. Please count me in as one of the contributors still in this 100%. Thank you for carrying the torch so long on all our behalves!

Oh, and way to hit a home run, GB2098! You're my newest hero! :ok: :ok: (Two thumbs way up!)

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

In Kevin's March 1st Weekly Update, this line was included...

UPDATE: The Rifter® #0.1 (PDF). No word from the contributors yet, hopeful for the future of this project.

Does anyone know what this means?

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Lord Z wrote:In Kevin's March 1st Weekly Update, this line was included...

UPDATE: The Rifter® #0.1 (PDF). No word from the contributors yet, hopeful for the future of this project.

:? Uh, maybe he thinks you're going to call him, since you are the main organizer of the project, O Mighty Lord Z? :?:

Shawn Merrow

Lord Z wrote:In Kevin's March 1st Weekly Update, this line was included...

Should give him a call.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Glitterboy has volunteered to make the call. I am just puzzled as to what Kevin might still need from us.

I have been thinking about this for a few hours. My best guess is that Kevin would like us to handle splitting the project into two issues and supplying the second piece of cover art. Kevin's e-mail was a little vague on this point for me. If this hunch of mine is correct, I can take care of the split and knock that out rather quickly. Some contributors were interested in tweaking their materials, so this could be an opportunity to do that and hand in a final-final revision.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

either that or the switch to two documents requires extra UMF's.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

got done talking to wayne a few minutes ago, the issue should be resolved soon.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Shawn Merrow

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I just spoke with Wayne. Julius is proofreading the documents for us to catch as many errors as possible. Because Julius has already started doing this, there will be NO further tweaking of the materials -- the only changes will be making corrections.

1 -- Here is what needs to be done. All of the recycled artwork from previous Palladium products needs to be cut. It was my decision to include these pieces in the first place, so I don't mind editing these out.

2 -- Kevin wants the product divided into two parts. That means redoing the layouts (sucks to be me). Wayne wants us to combine these into as few files as possible. This is done for ease on his end as well as lowering the total data size of each download. So, the printer friendly versions of each file are getting axed.

3 -- We need to designate or create some new cover artwork. We will need a second cover for #0.2. We will also need a new cover for the novella, Acceptance.

4 -- We will be correcting all mistakes that Julius finds.

5 -- I will try to add internal hyperlinks between the tables of contents and the actual articles. My wife will show me how to do this.

Shawn Merrow

Very nice. :ok:

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

All hail our Mighty Lord Z, fearless leader and slave to our writing foibles! :lol:

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Contributors might be interested to know that Zack has decided to color the pen & ink battle scene that he already submitted. Link! What do we think?

Shawn Merrow

It looks nice. :ok:

krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Great looking piece of art! :)
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

That's a crazy awesome cover.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

If you like Zack's picture, please tell him on his Deviant Art page.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

In other contributor news, author L.J. Gastineau has completed her first book. She contributed to Rifter Zero's Dead Reign article. Frozen Reflection is her first novel, and it is now available for purchase at Smashwords, Lulu, Kindle, iBookstore, and hopefully soon Nook and DriveThruFiction. The cover art was created by another contributor, Steve Young, who also illustrated After the Bomb and Mechanoid Space articles for us.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”