New Achilles Heel

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: New Achilles Heel

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:162. Achilles Heel: Super Gore
The character suffers from Class IV Hemorrhage involves loss of >40% of circulating blood volume. The limit of the body's compensation is reached and aggressive resuscitation is required to prevent death. This starts whenever the character takes HP damage as well as when the character is takes damage from one type of attack (ie fire, water, magic, magical weapons and so on). The effects of this flaw are two fold 1.The character weakens quickly losing one an all combat rolls and -5% on skills every melee round (in round 2. -2 all combat -10% skills), also there is a 10% chance each round that the character falls into a coma (in round 2. 20% fall into a coma) after falling into the coma standard coma rules apply. The second factor effects those around the character 2. Normal people and those of good alignment must save vs HF of 16 due to the gore spilling from the characters body, Selfish alignments save vs 14 and evil vs only a 10, however some psychotic beings my wish to feather the character pain and my start tying to prolong the gore.

Nice one. :ok:
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

163. Achilles Heel: Mega Cynophobia
Cynophobia is the abnormal fear of dogs. Cynophobia is classified as a specific phobia, under the subtype "animal phobias". However, in this mega beings case it is far more extreme than most and it’s not purely psychological.
All dogs have a horror factor to this character of 10, however aggressive animals the horror factor increases by the dogs size level (see mutant animals for starting size), for animals with HF increase by 4. On top of that, all attacks from dog like creatures (including mutant dogs and wolfs, canine aliens and wolf Lycanthropy) do double games and by pass AR and other protective super abilities.
*Note this could be change to snake, bees, sharks, spiders or any other type of creature.
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

164. Achilles Heel: Vamp (warning adult content)

Spoiler:
The Mega is a vamp that feeds off sexual energy and power levels are reduced greatly when the characters “needs” are not met. That character does need sex and must have sex every 12 hours to keep power levels and max, on top of that it must be a new person every 12 hours, every hour the character does not engage in sex there powers levels drop by one i.e. 3 level to 2 level. If the power level drop to zero the power is lost for 25 hour and the character must meet his needs two time in that 24 hours plus one extra time for each level that was lost i.e. 3 level = 5 times in 24 hours. Slowing the slide: the character can slow the slide by have sex with someone that they already have once per hour but the level still drop every two hours and people they have already had sex with cannot help them rebuild their power, also have more sex with people they already have will not stop the slide from starting.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:164. Achilles Heel: Vamp (warning adult content)

Spoiler:
The Mega is a vamp that feeds off sexual energy and power levels are reduced greatly when the characters “needs” are not met. That character does need sex and must have sex every 12 hours to keep power levels and max, on top of that it must be a new person every 12 hours, every hour the character does not engage in sex there powers levels drop by one i.e. 3 level to 2 level. If the power level drop to zero the power is lost for 25 hour and the character must meet his needs two time in that 24 hours plus one extra time for each level that was lost i.e. 3 level = 5 times in 24 hours. Slowing the slide: the character can slow the slide by have sex with someone that they already have once per hour but the level still drop every two hours and people they have already had sex with cannot help them rebuild their power, also have more sex with people they already have will not stop the slide from starting.

I'm not seeing the need to have the character have to find new partners daily (the super-heroine Sex Kitten had a dedicated partner) but other than that not a limitation that's never been seen in the comics and not too bad. Hmmm, just imagine it, someone who never realized they were a super until their first time charged them up.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Nightmask wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm not seeing the need to have the character have to find new partners daily (the super-heroine Sex Kitten had a dedicated partner) but other than that not a limitation that's never been seen in the comics and not too bad. Hmmm, just imagine it, someone who never realized they were a super until their first time charged them up.

to make it different :D its from a bad romance novel i read the back of and if you dont what to do use it like all my flaws lol but for the other just use 79. Achilles Heel: Nymph
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Achilles Heel:I need Music,the characters powers are only activate when he or she hears Music with in 100 foot radius.
when the music stop his/her powers go stop wokring.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

gaby wrote:Achilles Heel:I need Music,the characters powers are only activate when he or she hears Music with in 100 foot radius.
when the music stop his/her powers go stop working.

a good start i would round it out a bit more,
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

gaby wrote:Achilles Heel:I need Music,the characters powers are only activate when he or she hears Music with in 100 foot radius.
when the music stop his/her powers go stop wokring.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-appare ... ?cpg=clrss

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

smelly feet!
basically what it says it is.
your feet are so stinky that you can't skeak up on anybody without them passing out from the smell,alies must make a p.e. roll every 2 hour to avoid doing the same.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

165. Achilles Heel: Voice of Destruction
This flaw causes the mega to release a great amount of energy whenever the mouth opens. The type of energy is up to the GM, but always has the effect of hit everything with 20’ radius +5’ per level causing 2d4x10+20 damage it cannot be directed in anyway. In addition, it is the only thing the character can do for that melee round (no other action, if the character has auto dodge it can be used but for every two dodges one action is lost in the next round). After the energy is released the characters is weak and vulnerable, ½ all combat bonuses, action, speed and damage for 1d6+2 minutes and all the characters powers are lost for 1d4 minutes well his system recovers. There are many things to consider before taking this flaw, i.e. how does the character eat, communicate and other things that require the opening of one’s mouth. Also the minimum damage can kill most normal people in the blast radius and badly damage if not kill some teammates.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

on a side note 165! i never thought i would get over 20 lol
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

166. Achilles Heel: STP
Sexually transmitted powers (STP) are powers that have a significant probability of transmission between humans by means of human sexual behavior. The character can pass along their powers, the same type and number of power (majors and minors) or the total opposite power (ie APS fire character gives APS ice etc.) this is left up to the GM and player. STP’s can also be transmitted via the use of IV drug needles after its use by an infected person, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding
Duration: the STP powers last for 1d6 hours per level of the transmitter, plus there is a 5% + 2% chance per level if the transmitter that the powers are permanent making the sexually partner a STP carrier themselves (also make them a Mega)
If the transmitter conducts human sexual behavior with a person who already possess super human power they become a STP transmitter (and a Mega) for the duration rolled and have the same chance of becoming a permanent carrier.

All most 5 year posting heels!!! hope you like them
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:166. Achilles Heel: STP
Sexually transmitted powers (STP) are powers that have a significant probability of transmission between humans by means of human sexual behavior. The character can pass along their powers, the same type and number of power (majors and minors) or the total opposite power (ie APS fire character gives APS ice etc.) this is left up to the GM and player. STP’s can also be transmitted via the use of IV drug needles after its use by an infected person, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding
Duration: the STP powers last for 1d6 hours per level of the transmitter, plus there is a 5% + 2% chance per level if the transmitter that the powers are permanent making the sexually partner a STP carrier themselves (also make them a Mega)
If the transmitter conducts human sexual behavior with a person who already possess super human power they become a STP transmitter (and a Mega) for the duration rolled and have the same chance of becoming a permanent carrier.

Um... .where's the problem with this? It doesn't seem to hold a negative. Passing out super powers (( Even by sex)) seems... good?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Um... .where's the problem with this? It doesn't seem to hold a negative. Passing out super powers (( Even by sex)) seems... good?

Agreed. I think this only loosely fits the category of Achilles Heel.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Agreed. I think this only loosely fits the category of Achilles Heel.

Now if it was the INVERSE it could be a heel. I.E. if the character ever has sex, he negates his powers, and the powers of anyone he has sex with.

"Yes!! You have the strength and power of 100 men!! but if you ever lose your virginity, you'll lose that power and become the weakest of humans!! As will anyone you have sex with" type thing.

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

are you telling me you would want to give super powers to every person you have had sex with....I know I don't ;-)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:are you telling me you would want to give super powers to every person you have had sex with....I know I don't ;-)

I've loved every single person I've ever slept with, so.. yes. I would grant them powers if I could. :)

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:are you telling me you would want to give super powers to every person you have had sex with....I know I don't ;-)

I've loved every single person I've ever slept with, so.. yes. I would grant them powers if I could. :)

Ok how about this
1. You give some powers just long enough for them to get themselves hurt or accidently hurt another. (you love someone gave them power for 3 hour and at 3 hour and 2min they get run over by a truck how would you feel)
2. Power corrupts (some time)
3. Even if try to do good with the power the may not know how to control it
4. It runs out maybe at a very bad time
5. The could become addicted to get the power and there for sex with the character or might just have sex with the character for the power and be leading them on
6. On that note what if a villain finds out said character can make powered people through sex and capture and force them to power up his normal henchmen
7. If the character grants the same powers is hand to keep a secret identity also if everyone who has sex with said character get power people are going to find/figure it out
8. Power corrupts (yes I’m putting it again)
9. What if the character does not know that they are the one responsible
10. How does said person feel towards the character after getting the powers, some people would react with great fear if they could out of the blue throw a truck a block or shoot fire from their eyes and would not want to be with the character out of fear.
STP’s can also be transmitted via the use of IV drug needles after its use by an infected person, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding
, character does not know and gives blood, or a woman breastfeeds and has a new born with supernatural ps (even a 1 is still 300 lbs)

Yes there are hundreds of was for it to be a good thing but its up to the GM to use it as a tool to weaken/ make the characters life suck
DB99
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Ok how about this
1. You give some powers just long enough for them to get themselves hurt or accidently hurt another. (you love someone gave them power for 3 hour and at 3 hour and 2min they get run over by a truck how would you feel)

So the powers some how know when to cut out just in time to screw over the other person? That's a bit too GM punishing type of thing. if they were temp, i'd just tell my bed buddy not to do anything with them as they're sporratic.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
2. Power corrupts (some time)

Not just because you're given powers. I'm not going to be sticking parts of my anatomy into people I don't trust.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
3. Even if try to do good with the power the may not know how to control it

So I'd teach them before I loosed them on the world?

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
4. It runs out maybe at a very bad time

You already covered this in number one. if it's a temp thing, I warn them of such in advance.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
5. The could become addicted to get the power and there for sex with the character or might just have sex with the character for the power and be leading them on

Again, I don't just have sex with anyone anywhere. Though if you went around bragging about your magical power giving penis, you might run afoul of stuff/people, but chances are people would think you're insane. or using a really lame pick up line.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote: 6. On that note what if a villain finds out said character can make powered people through sex and capture and force them to power up his normal henchmen.

Well again, why are you having sex with people you can't trust to keep your secret. And just where all are you bragging' about your magical power givin' "P"?

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
7. If the character grants the same powers is hand to keep a secret identity also if everyone who has sex with said character get power people are going to find/figure it out

Again, unless you're playin' "Superslut" How's it going to get out. You don't screw around if your one night stands suddenly sprout powers. ESPECIALLY if they do. You forget to call a girl or guy and suddenly they can throw a tank at you?

Seriously, how often does serial sex and the consequences come up in your game? And if so... why? Are you playing superhero porn?

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
8. Power corrupts (yes I’m putting it again)

if this is such a big theme in your game that it can't be avoided. You're char has had powers longer, mega powers at that. He's corrupt. What's he care? lol

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
9. What if the character does not know that they are the one responsible

First time might be a surprise, but after that it's going to be real easy to figure out.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
10. How does said person feel towards the character after getting the powers, some people would react with great fear if they could out of the blue throw a truck a block or shoot fire from their eyes and would not want to be with the character out of fear.

Well the way I see it, it goes one of two ways. 1) you're of good or at least not overly selfish alignment and you warn your partner before hand, as not doing so is pretty henious... so they're warned before hand it's their choice or 2) You're of darker selfish or evil alignment, and not give a frak.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
STP’s can also be transmitted via the use of IV drug needles after its use by an infected person, as well as through childbirth or breastfeeding
, character does not know and gives blood, or a woman breastfeeds and has a new born with supernatural ps (even a 1 is still 300 lbs)

Well if your mega hero is a needle drug user, you've got bigger problems. And other junkies would probably love super powers. As for the childbirth, many are the stories of heroes passing down their powers or slightly altered powers (( or completly altered ones))

A heel that comes into call once every 9 months isn't one that I'd value enough to be a heel. Could it suck? Sure but again, an Achilles heel that only comes due once per 9 months is lame.

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
Yes there are hundreds of was for it to be a good thing but its up to the GM to use it as a tool to weaken/ make the characters life suck
DB99
[/quote]

Well. Not put it too bluntly, this sounds like the sort of thing you do when you're focused on sex. And while I'm sure some people play for that reason, it's not really a "Heel" for a mega hero. All you gotta do for it NEVER to come up is keep it in your pants. And while that is a touch off putting, 'Giving powers to others' is a POWER in the book. And something people pay big money for.

My games we don't generally sit around using our powers to get laid. I'm sure some do, but I'm not going to put in an Achilles heel based around some guy being a slut. That's just not really how we play, and 'Blessing' those people you sleep with with powers, just seems like a way to get laid more often. "Sleep with me to get super powers. WINK WINK".

Seems SKEEZY.

Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Cobalt-Blue »

Never mind
Last edited by Cobalt-Blue on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cobalt-Blue wrote:(Stolen from another popular game)
Weirdness Magnet-
Strange weird things happen to the character on a regular basis. Rifts open up in his presence so that things can come through; Gods/Demons/Devils drop by for a spot of tea; the only talking rabbit in the world stops by on regular basis to unload his problems to the character. Nothing dangerous- at first- but it is highly inconvenient. Parapsychologists who know what a weirdness magnet is and that the character is one, will follow him/her around to study him/er.

So you are basically admitting this to be a conversion, which is against the policies of this board?
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:(Stolen from another popular game)
Weirdness Magnet-
Strange weird things happen to the character on a regular basis. Rifts open up in his presence so that things can come through; Gods/Demons/Devils drop by for a spot of tea; the only talking rabbit in the world stops by on regular basis to unload his problems to the character. Nothing dangerous- at first- but it is highly inconvenient. Parapsychologists who know what a weirdness magnet is and that the character is one, will follow him/her around to study him/er.

So you are basically admitting this to be a conversion, which is against the policies of this board?

Tell you what. I'll remove it.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cobalt-Blue wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:So you are basically admitting this to be a conversion, which is against the policies of this board?

I don't have any problem with you posting stuff, just be careful that you don't go violating policies which might get the topic closed.
Nightmask
Palladin

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:So you are basically admitting this to be a conversion, which is against the policies of this board?

I don't have any problem with you posting stuff, just be careful that you don't go violating policies which might get the topic closed.

The idea of a Wierdness Magnet is hardly exclusive to any particular RPG, it's common enough to have a TV Trope dedicated to the concept. Just like having the power to generate electricity isn't restricted to any particular RPG.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Nightmask wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:

The idea of a Wierdness Magnet is hardly exclusive to any particular RPG, it's common enough to have a TV Trope dedicated to the concept. Just like having the power to generate electricity isn't restricted to any particular RPG.

That one was taken from Changeling the Dreaming, with a few substituted words. lol

Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:

That one was taken from Changeling the Dreaming, with a few substituted words. lol

No, it came almost word for word from GURPS Supers. If Changeling had it, then they swiped it from GURPS since it predates Changeling.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

At any rate, it was admittedly a conversion, and we really can't be having that sort of thing being posted. Hence why I have never posted certain vampire RCCS on the boards which were based on Vampire The Masquerade, nor custom Robotics parts based on the Transformers. I use them in games, I just can't ever post them anywhere.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:

My first thought, years ago, when I saw Weirdness Magnet in GURPS, was that I had seen in it a superhero comic where the main character was described as a "weirdness magnet" by a friend. So it's not new.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Nightmask
Palladin

BillionSix wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:That one was taken from Changeling the Dreaming, with a few substituted words. lol

My first thought, years ago, when I saw Weirdness Magnet in GURPS, was that I had seen in it a superhero comic where the main character was described as a "weirdness magnet" by a friend. So it's not new.

Brian

Probably thinking of Blue Devil, the former stunt-man who got mystically bonded to his super-suit thanks to a mystical blast from a demon lord. He thought his black friend who called him a Weirdness Magnet was just being silly, until Cain (yes THAT Cain) promptly recoiled in horror when he heard that and made it clear that such things are very real.
Last edited by Nightmask on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Yep. That was the comic.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

BillionSix wrote:

Brian

Naa very little is 'new'. I am just a big Changeling player so it stood out in my memory. :) It was almost word for word with "rifts" substituted for changeling stuff.

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Nightmask wrote:

Spoiler:

actually the character Fortunato from Wild Cards had this (his entire power was based around Tantric magic); and since he (and his power) have made appearances in the Graphic novels it has seen the light of day in comics.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Cobalt-Blue wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Cobalt-Blue wrote:The idea of a Wierdness Magnet is hardly exclusive to any particular RPG, it's common enough to have a TV Trope dedicated to the concept. Just like having the power to generate electricity isn't restricted to any particular RPG.

No, it came almost word for word from GURPS Supers. If Changeling had it, then they swiped it from GURPS since it predates Changeling.
Its also the description in tv tropes...
Hardly Proof of conversion...
The admission however...
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Disadvantage: Hair Toing (Minor)
“GAAAHHH!!!”-TOING!-
“Scared you, did I?”
“...N-nno....whatever gave you that idea?!”
“Your sudden ‘fro sez otherwise.”

This is the disadvantage of having animated and expressive hair. When the character is agitated, shocked, or frightened, their hair stands up on end in the classic ‘poff’ of cartoons. This means the superbeing will have a hard time concealing their emotional state and will suffer a penalty of -4 to their M.A. when attempting to lie, or -3 to Horror/Awe Factor when attempting to appear imposing with the hair toinged, and -20% to maintaining Disguise skills. If done under a helmet or other head covering, the head gear will be thrown off(or, if it is well-secured, will take 1d4 SD damage, and the superbeing gets a painful headache; -1 to initiative, -5% to skills, and -1 to perception rolls for 1d4 melees). Hair stands on end for about 5 seconds.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Disadvantage: Hair Toing (Minor)
“GAAAHHH!!!”-TOING!-
“Scared you, did I?”

This is the disadvantage of having animated and expressive hair. When the character is agitated, shocked, or frightened, their hair stands up on end in the classic ‘poff’ of cartoons. This means the superbeing will have a hard time concealing their emotional state and will suffer a penalty of -4 to their M.A. when attempting to lie, or -3 to Horror/Awe Factor when attempting to appear imposing with the hair toinged, and -20% to maintaining Disguise skills. If done under a helmet or other head covering, the head gear will be thrown off(or, if it is well-secured, will take 1d4 SD damage, and the superbeing gets a painful headache; -1 to initiative, -5% to skills, and -1 to perception rolls for 1d4 melees). Hair stands on end for about 5 seconds.
Nice, but you don't need to designate it as a minor, as it is not a power. I added it to the Achilles Heels section in the Black Vault Wiki, just without the designation.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
“GAAAHHH!!!”-TOING!-
“Scared you, did I?”

Nice, but you don't need to designate it as a minor, as it is not a power. I added it to the Achilles Heels section in the Black Vault Wiki, just without the designation.

Thanks.
I was thinking in terms of reciprocity...you're not going to be able to grab an extra Major Power for taking Hair Toing.
Maybe if you took Hemophilia or Fear of Skintight Clothing(see also Spandexophobia) maybe, but not Hair Toing.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
“GAAAHHH!!!”-TOING!-
“Scared you, did I?”

Thanks.
I was thinking in terms of reciprocity...you're not going to be able to grab an extra Major Power for taking Hair Toing.
Maybe if you took Hemophilia or Fear of Skintight Clothing(see also Spandexophobia) maybe, but not Hair Toing.

Generally for Achilles Heels you get the special MegaHero abilities. You don't normally trade disadvantages for full minor powers.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Generally for Achilles Heels you get the special MegaHero abilities. You don't normally trade disadvantages for full minor powers.

Deleterious mutation, then. Not the sort of thing you want to have when you're trying not to advertise that you're one of 'them'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Generally for Achilles Heels you get the special MegaHero abilities. You don't normally trade disadvantages for full minor powers.

Deleterious mutation, then. Not the sort of thing you want to have when you're trying not to advertise that you're one of 'them'.
LOL. Anything that makes a hero look like a dork is a definite disadvantage. "You will respect my authority!" TOING!
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

LOL. Anything that makes a hero look like a dork is a definite disadvantage. "You will respect my authority!" TOING!

Add it to such image-killers as Weak Bladder Syndrome, Involuntarily Size Diminishment Complex, and Nervous Flatulence.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Necro'ing this:

The quick fix would be the power is a one-shot/host deal...you have sex, you lose the power(or A superpower)...So, unless you're looking to lose your status as a superbeing, get used to doing without. This especially hurts if the character is a fan-magnet, and constantly has to fend off offers for a roll in the hay because (insert lame excuse about celibacy).
Of course, if the superbeing's arch-nemesis finds out about this weakness/flaw...OhhhBooooyyyyy.....the satin sheets and the shackles come out...
"First I make love to you...then, tomorrow, I kill you." :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Senator Cybus wrote:Has this one been done? I'm losing track! :?

162. Accelerated Dehydration.
Due to the demands of his superhuman physiology, the Mega Hero must consume around five times more fluid than a regular human: he requires a minimum of 15 litres (3.3 gallons) of liquid per day, just to maintain his health. This assumes that the hero is in a relatively relaxed state; G.M.s should feel free to up the requirement by as much as 50% if the character is involved in prolonged and strenuous activity.

If the character goes too long without drinking anything, he starts to feel weak and disoriented. For every three hours that the Mega Hero fails to consume at least a litre and a half (2.64 pints) of liquid, he incurs a penalty of -5% to skill performance, -1 to strike/parry/dodge and a 5% reduction in Speed (all penalties are cumulative, e.g. six hours without water means a skill penalty of -10%, -2 to strike/parry/dodge and -10% Speed).

If the character reaches the point where he has gone a full fifteen hours without drinking, he will immediately lose 2D6 Hit Points and the same amount again for every further three hours without hydration. Additionally, at this point, the hero's body starts to shut down: he can no longer heal from damage or injury, even if he normally possesses a power that grants rapid regeneration.

Once the process of dehydration has begun, the character must consume an amount of liquid commensurate with the length of time he has gone without it in order to recover; for example, going 12 hours - half a day - without fluid means that the Mega Hero must drink a full half of his daily intake to remove the penalties detailed above.

Without any fluid, the Mega Hero can only survive for 24 hours plus one hour per level of experience.

Was just re reading the form to see what i had missed so i could start making new ones I dont know how i missed this one but i love it great job
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

goofy-basically you can ONLY use your powers for silly purposes!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:goofy-basically you can ONLY use your powers for silly purposes!
So would there be a penalty for using them in serious situations, or would they simply not work?
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:goofy-basically you can ONLY use your powers for silly purposes!
So would there be a penalty for using them in serious situations, or would they simply not work?

penalty to your skills & your powers wouldn't work at all.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Achilles Heel, Wandering Hands: The character could be the nicest most squeaky clean boy-scout imaginable, save for one thing, his hands are very friendly, and have no sense of personal space/boundaries. ANY time that the character isn't concentrating on what he's doing (or she, come to that), there is a base 20% chance that his hands will go-a-wandering without his conscious control. This doesn't have to be just with team mates, feel free to have this guy excitedly talk with his hands and a S.N.P.S. of 150, have him constantly fiddle with things, click ball point pens, rearrange things in his pockets/utility belt, pick OTHER peoples pockets, etc. Especially funny with Elasticity, anatomical independence, tentacles, or if you REALLY want the guy to feel bad, telekinesis!

Achilles Heel, Teleporting John: This character has a cruel and vicious prank played on them by whatever entity granted them with power; maybe they ate puppies in a previous life, was born under a bad star, they are a chewtoy of the Gods, or are just unlucky is irrelevant. The simple fact is that every time they get within 50 feet +2d6 per level they have a flat 5% chance of that persons bodily wastes being teleported into the appropriate spot on the hero, with the appropriate feeling of 'fullness' at the end of the teleport. Better stay away from the Universities on Taco and Kegger Night, and keep a map of all areas with a public bathroom handy.

Achilles Heel Empathic Broadcast: The character has failed to properly develop their telepathic talents, and at any given time has a 15% chance of broadcasting their stray thoughts into the heads of everybody within 50 feet plus 3d6 per level. Roll every 10 minutes, or every other melee round in combat, or whenever they fail a savings throw. Could be really embarrassing if that cute reporter asks what your thinking and in pops "that nice badonk-a-donk, sweetypie!", or when the wife asks if her pants make her butt look big "Of course not, your fat BUTT makes your butt look big!". GM's, feel free to be as cruel and evil as you can with these!

And sorry about not posting, life has been kicking my butt these last several months, but things are starting to look up now.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Achilles Heel Exported Healing: This characters healing powers are slightly off kilter, as they work very thoroughly, but target other people before their possessor. Any one within a 20 foot sphere (+1d6 feet per level) is healed first by the Mega-Hero, at whatever the Heroes normal rate is; note that this applies to everyone within that sphere equally. If its 1d4x10 points healed every minute, that's what every body else gets until their healthy and well. A character who is nearly dead a captured can be kept on the edge of death indefinitely, so long as you keep bringing in new people to heal. So long as they have Mega-Powers, this ability stays on. If you REALLY want to be cruel, give them forced empathy with those that they heal.

Achilles Heel Currency Crusher: Any form of physical, authentic money this character touches is destroyed. It could dissolve into dust, catch on fire, turn into slime or smoke, whatever the GM and the player feel is appropriate. This would doom the character too a life of having to barter for everything they need. Note that this also applies to credit/debit cards, and online and electronic banking as well. If the character has say, a gold bar, then they can trade that, as it is not in money. They could trade a silver nugget, or bar, but not a silver coin, or an IOU. Unless he has a sponsor AND a good attorney, he's not only going to have financial woes, but LEGAL ones, as (last time I checked) destroying money is illegal (At the vary least, their going to want him to stop destroying their money).

Achilles Heel Psychic Hangover: When this character got their power, they were cursed as well, they pick up the memories of other peoples good times. Whenever they get within 50 feet +2d8 per level of someone suffering from withdrawal, hangover, migraine, PMS, or in a medically induced altered mental state, this Mega-Hero automatically siphons it away and absorbs it. Effects will last for half an hour per level after absorption. Note that this is a cumulative effect, so the more people they bump into, the more that this will happen. :demon: The person that this was siphoned off of will still have the physical symptoms, but won't be suffering from it anymore, so that guy who was hung-over might still have a raised Blood Alcohol Count, and that deadlocked guy might still have shrooms and weed going on, but neither one of them is feeling it. Things might get so bad this character might swear off superhero work and move to Amish Country, or move to a space station or something.

Achilles Heel Secondary Skin:This one can only be used on those that have the must transform to use powers bit, maybe an extension of that one. The characters costume is created out of thin air when they transform into the super state, and said costume is a symbiote that passes on all sensations directly into the characters nervous system. While the costume shares any super abilities the character has, it still registers things like punches, kicks, cuts, burns, etc. and passes the sensation on as if the character didn't have any abilities. If the character has an APS power, or Bio-Armor or the like, this applies to the power, it would be like the character was walking around in the buff as far as they were concerned.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Exported Healing seems more like a power than a Heel, since the character basically has a healing power that affects others. I don't think that one is actually an Achilles Heel.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

167. Achilles Heel: The Tyndall effect
Also known as Tyndall scattering, describes light scattering by particles in a colloid or fine suspension. It is similar to the effect known as Rayleigh scattering, in that the intensity of the scattered light varies inversely with the light's wavelength; therefore, the colour blue, with the shortest wavelength of visible light, is scattered the most. The difference between the two phenomena is in the size of particles involved; whereas Rayleigh scattering concerns molecules, which are much smaller than visible light wavelengths, the Tyndall effect occurs with solid or liquid particles near or even above the size of a wavelength of light. A practical example of the Tyndall effect is a Kingfisher’s feathers appearing a vibrant blue.

Whenever the super being becomes exposed to natural light (sun, moon, fire etc.), their unusual physical characteristics shine through e.g. mutant traits or alien appearance. No amount of disguising makeup or hair dye will help the character; they must avoid natural light (and light-based super powers). A shape shifter with this flaw sees their attacks reduced by 75%, and are very distracted when trying to maintain their disguise when in natural light. Shades of blue for hair, eyes etc. would be the most common, however, green (Male Mallards’ head feathers) and any other colour accepted by your GM would be applicable. E.g. 2 a metamorphed dragon that had red scales in its human form when exposed to natural light would have red skin that looks scaly

Happy New Year 2015
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Is there an Achilles Heel for a character who survives by having sponsors pay for him or her to do their superhero gig? Just wondering.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”