need some answers from the "experts"

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

need some answers from the "experts"

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Ok, first off........Reading through my copy of the PU3 random tables in the back of the book, i noticed that there are two powers listed that are not actually in the book...

1) minor defensive powers "EVASION"
2) minor offensive powers "LIVE WIRE"

Have these powers been accidently omitted....what's the deal?

Ok, now this deals with converting stuff from Rifts/Splicers, etc.

How would i go about making a TW Wizard character in HU.?

also, how easy would to convert/use/design Host Armor for HU (say, making Bio-Armor instead of regular power armor)....

I've got the Rifts Bionics book, can the different Cyborg types be used easily, or are they too overpowered for a HU game?.......

I'll post more when i think of something else..........
csyphrett
Adventurer

Re: need some answers from the "experts"

Unread post by csyphrett »

[quote="Snake Eyes"]Ok, first off........Reading through my copy of the PU3 random tables in the back of the book, i noticed that there are two powers listed that are not actually in the book...

I don't have PU3 so I don't know about that.

Ok, now this deals with converting stuff from Rifts/Splicers, etc.

How would i go about making a TW Wizard character in HU.?

You got two methods.

The first is to just make a TW wizard as normal with md spells converted to SD spells.

The second is take all the special abilities of the TWW and use the educational tables used in the magic section of the HU just like you were rolling up a regular HU wizard.

also, how easy would to convert/use/design Host Armor for HU (say, making Bio-Armor instead of regular power armor)....

I would say pretty easy. Just switch SD to MD for armor from Splicers or build it like regular power armor and say it was biological armor.

I've got the Rifts Bionics book, can the different Cyborg types be used easily, or are they too overpowered for a HU game?.......

Dont have the bionics book but I have used a glitter boy switched down to SD and had no problem

CES
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

hmmm I checked the book. And I think Evasion is actually Defensive Will(if you notice is missing) while Live Wire is Line Transit (Yes I know is not a truly offensive powers but Dimensional Pocket and Linguistic are there too and Line Transit is the only one missing). Probably those were the old names.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

The Baron of chaos wrote:hmmm I checked the book. And I think Evasion is actually Defensive Will(if you notice is missing) while Live Wire is Line Transit (Yes I know is not a truly offensive powers but Dimensional Pocket and Linguistic are there too and Line Transit is the only one missing). Probably those were the old names.

AGreed .
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

As someone mentioned, Evasion and Live Wire got their names changed. Looking at the original manuscript that I am so fortunate to have... Evasion would be Defensive Will and Live Wire - Line Transit.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

The Deific NMI wrote:As someone mentioned, Evasion and Live Wire got their names changed. Looking at the original manuscript that I am so fortunate to have... Evasion would be Defensive Will and Live Wire - Line Transit.

Bloody nasty rotten show off! :)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Marrowlight wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:As someone mentioned, Evasion and Live Wire got their names changed. Looking at the original manuscript that I am so fortunate to have... Evasion would be Defensive Will and Live Wire - Line Transit.

Bloody nasty rotten show off! :)

BLoody?
ARe you a British imposter?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Yes
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Cool, thanks for the replies :D
Zenviscaype
Wanderer

Re:

Unread post by Zenviscaype »

The Baron of chaos wrote:hmmm I checked the book. And I think Evasion is actually Defensive Will(if you notice is missing) while Live Wire is Line Transit (Yes I know is not a truly offensive powers but Dimensional Pocket and Linguistic are there too and Line Transit is the only one missing). Probably those were the old names.

Thanks
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: need some answers from the "experts"

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Snake Eyes wrote:Ok, first off........Reading through my copy of the PU3 random tables in the back of the book, i noticed that there are two powers listed that are not actually in the book...

Yep, probibly cut for space & the random list wasn't edited.

PB might of intended to use them in later books...but the next ""HU book"" was Arm.U.

Snake Eyes wrote:Ok, now this deals with converting stuff from Rifts/Splicers, etc.

How would i go about making a TW Wizard character in HU.?.

Roll up the education as normal replace the 'everybody' & Mystic Study skills with the non-combat skills from the TW OCC skills. (i.o.w. drop the WPs and h2h from the OCC skills). And that's it. Remember that the mystic study looses one skill program from the SPs they get from the ed roll. Same when making a TW.

Snake Eyes wrote:also, how easy would to convert/use/design Host Armor for HU (say, making Bio-Armor instead of regular power armor).....

Change all the M's to S's....and maybe have the bio-armor have a Nat AR. There is a minor super ability in one of the stinky books that you could use as a guide for how much NAR a young bio-armor has vs an older one.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”