Shadow Molding + APS: Shadow + Shadow Manipulation

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Shadow Molding + APS: Shadow + Shadow Manipulation

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Greetings,

I got a series of questions about the Shadow family of powers. The main ones are:

1. Do Shadow Molding and APS: Shadow work together when you are in shadow form?
    I was thinking of using your own body as the source of objects, and whether if the objects count as remaining in contact with you while you are in Shadow form.

2. Does Shadow Manipulation work on objects created with Shadow Molding?
    To modify the size or shape of the tools.

3. Does the use of Shadow Cloak allow for indefinite shadow form from APS: Shadow?
    It seems that it is a shadow that can never be dispersed so, no bright light making you return to your natural shape.

4. Does the use of any of the Shadow Manipulation abilities emulate the first effect of Shadow Cloak?
    I am thinking of a different way to get indefinite shadow form for APS: Shadow

I might post other questions depending on the answers.

Thanks,
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Shadow Molding + APS: Shadow + Shadow Manipulation

Unread post by ITWastrel »

lbeaumanior wrote:Greetings,

I got a series of questions about the Shadow family of powers. The main ones are:

I was thinking of using your own body as the source of objects, and whether if the objects count as remaining in contact with you while you are in Shadow form.

3. Does the use of Shadow Cloak allow for indefinite shadow form from APS: Shadow?
    It seems that it is a shadow that can never be dispersed so, no bright light making you return to your natural shape.

Thanks,

1a.That sounds like a "body weapons" or shape-changing situation, and I love it.

1b. All rules of both combining powers must still be followed, so the shadow object must remain in contact with the shadow being.

2. Sounds legit.

3. Unless the shadow cloak is defeated, the shadow remains. Note this is also great for getting Nightstalking minor power online.
Combining powers is encouraged, and as a GM I feel that if a player invests multiple powers into that combo, let them be rewarded.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

ITWastrel wrote:
lbeaumanior wrote:Greetings,

Thanks,

1a.That sounds like a "body weapons" or shape-changing situation, and I love it.

1b. All rules of both combining powers must still be followed, so the shadow object must remain in contact with the shadow being.

2. Sounds legit.

3. Unless the shadow cloak is defeated, the shadow remains. Note this is also great for getting Nightstalking minor power online.

Combining powers is encouraged, and as a GM I feel that if a player invests multiple powers into that combo, let them be rewarded.

Thanks for the answers, another question please:

4. Does the use of any of the Shadow Manipulation abilities emulate the first effect of Shadow Cloak?? (I am thinking of a different way to get indefinite shadow form for APS: Shadow)

EDIT: I will place this question on the original post too.
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

All of these fall under the decision of the GM given that the powers as written do not say whether these stunts are possible. Personally I'd allow them, but that is just me.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

OR just take Immunity to Light/lazers.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Sir_Spirit wrote:OR just take Immunity to Light/lazers.

Being immune to light and lasers is not the same as being able to generate shadows at will...

But you are right, it is a better option.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”