APS Mercury Body Weapons and Power Weapon/Power Channeling

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Duskviper
Wanderer

APS Mercury Body Weapons and Power Weapon/Power Channeling

Unread post by Duskviper »

Hi guys. With APS Mercury it says you can make body weapons from your limbs. With Power Channeling it says you can power your hands, feet, and even tails to deal more damage. My question is would Power Channeling boost the damage of your Body Weapons from APS Mercury, or would it be Power Weapon that does? I am leaning toward Power Channeling because it says it works on tails, and melee combat to which Body Weapons from APS Mercury would fall under. At least that is my understanding.

Thanks Again.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: APS Mercury Body Weapons and Power Weapon/Power Channeli

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Can you say vitro-blade or plasma sword (a la rifts Atlantis ).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Duskviper
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Can you say vitro-blade or plasma sword (a la rifts Atlantis ).

So do either work with the APS Mercury Body Weapons? Or am I just over reading things?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Was giving examples what the resultant of the power combo might 'look like'.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Duskviper
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Was giving examples what the resultant of the power combo might 'look like'.

So would it be possible that one of those powers could work with the Body Weapons of APS Mercury? I don't want to go over what powers can combine, I just want to make good power selections when making this character.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I.... don't think it would work? Based on the way the power is written it sounds like it's the power channeling that's doing the damage, not the force or anything else with the punch, which is why it doesn't let you add your physical damage bonus to the attack. So you'd hit them with your sword arm, but the sword arm doesn't actually connect, but allows you to hit them with the energy from the power channeling.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

While both would work with the fluid form of the APS: Quicksilver, they are both limited to what they can do.

While power weapon works well with the body weapons sub-power, in that it boosts the damage done by the weapon.

But with the Power Channeling would work well with the tentacle sub-power in the it just needs touch. If used along with the fluid form sup-power and a bit of creativity the APS:QS char could fake being wounded. Retreating leaving a 'puddle of QS 'blood'" And then once the opponents are close using the tentacle s-p to go for a touch attack when out of the opponent's field of vision.

(Note: I used alternant words then the official ones cause easier for me to write the ones I used.)

If their ankles are broken they can pursue.
Duskviper
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:While both would work with the fluid form of the APS: Quicksilver, they are both limited to what they can do.

While power weapon works well with the body weapons sub-power, in that it boosts the damage done by the weapon.

But with the Power Channeling would work well with the tentacle sub-power in the it just needs touch. If used along with the fluid form sup-power and a bit of creativity the APS:QS char could fake being wounded. Retreating leaving a 'puddle of QS 'blood'" And then once the opponents are close using the tentacle s-p to go for a touch attack when out of the opponent's field of vision.

(Note: I used alternant words then the official ones cause easier for me to write the ones I used.)

If their ankles are broken they can pursue.

The way I was seeing it with Power Channeling is, The body weapons and Pseudopods are literal parts of your body. So if you have Power Channeling it will replace any Damage that a "Body Weapon" would do, to the appropriate limb damage, i.e. Pseudopod dealing Punch Damage, a Tail if thick would use the Kick Damage. If thin then the Punch Damage. Even if you make your hand into a longsword (2d6). At first level and such you would be at a hindrance due to no matter what the weapon you make is it deals the 1d6 punch damage. But as the character levels the punch damage dealing 1d6 +1d6 per level would out shine any weapon that you can make. Making the combo alot more useful.
Last edited by Duskviper on Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yeah, it could let you do more damage as you level but it would only be that power channeling damage. Which isn't bad, and gives you a little more range due to the tentacles you can create with mercury. Now if you're looking to do more synergistic damage (is that even a word? I'm gonna go with it anyway) take a look at Energy Fists in PU3 as that also lets you add in your PS damage, but you're stuck with the damage staying the same as you level.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Duskviper
Wanderer

Daniel Stoker wrote:Yeah, it could let you do more damage as you level but it would only be that power channeling damage. Which isn't bad, and gives you a little more range due to the tentacles you can create with mercury. Now if you're looking to do more synergistic damage (is that even a word? I'm gonna go with it anyway) take a look at Energy Fists in PU3 as that also lets you add in your PS damage, but you're stuck with the damage staying the same as you level.

Daniel Stoker

Yeah, that one is good too. There are some nice combo's out there that are not to over powered but add another Character development to the game. I always try to balance when it comes to combo's but enjoy it more because it allows players to make characters that are different from the same old "this power does this, and this power does that" theme. It makes the character's seem more different than npcs and other players with the same powers here and there.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”