Mimic and Extraordinary IQ

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Duskviper
Wanderer

Mimic and Extraordinary IQ

Unread post by Duskviper »

Heya guys, I have a question. If I Mimic a character with Extraordinary IQ, will I get the enhanced IQ and be able to pick two skills I have to go beyond 98%? I know I will not get the skills, but if I have the skills already say 98% Computer Hacking, can I enhance it to go beyond 98% and get the +20% bonus to it? I know I cannot get new skills but enhancing what I already have seams ok. Also once I lose the ability of Extraordinary IQ then some time latter Mimic again and get the power again, could I chose new skills to enhance? (not get, but enhance skills I already have). Thank you for your time.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Mimic and Extraordinary IQ

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I would say no, you cannot choose the skills. If I allowed the bonus at all I would rule that if you happen to have the skills that the person you are mimicing has chosen, and they happen to be able to go above 98%, then you would benefit from those skills being above 98%. But if you don't happen to have either or both of those skills, you are out of luck. If you have either or both, but cannot get above 98%, cest la vie.
But you don't have the power, you are mimicing someone else's, as such, you have to live with how their power developed for them, it doesn't develop anew for you.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Duskviper
Wanderer

13eowulf wrote:I would say no, you cannot choose the skills. If I allowed the bonus at all I would rule that if you happen to have the skills that the person you are mimicing has chosen, and they happen to be able to go above 98%, then you would benefit from those skills being above 98%. But if you don't happen to have either or both of those skills, you are out of luck. If you have either or both, but cannot get above 98%, cest la vie.
But you don't have the power, you are mimicing someone else's, as such, you have to live with how their power developed for them, it doesn't develop anew for you.

Great answer, I totally forgot that I would be copying the mimicked persons choices that he made. But if I did have those skills and they were already capped at 98%, would those skills get the plus 20% and able to go beyond 98% thereby boosting them to 118% right off the bat?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Duskviper wrote:Heya guys, I have a question. If I Mimic a character with Extraordinary IQ, will I get the enhanced IQ and be able to pick two skills I have to go beyond 98%? I know I will not get the skills, but if I have the skills already say 98% Computer Hacking, can I enhance it to go beyond 98% and get the +20% bonus to it? I know I cannot get new skills but enhancing what I already have seams ok. Also once I lose the ability of Extraordinary IQ then some time latter Mimic again and get the power again, could I chose new skills to enhance? (not get, but enhance skills I already have). Thank you for your time.

RAW, no you can't. With very few exceptions all skills cap at 98%. Those skills that can go beyond that cap specifically say so in their description and Computer Hacking isn't one of them.
Duskviper
Wanderer

The Beast wrote:
Duskviper wrote:Heya guys, I have a question. If I Mimic a character with Extraordinary IQ, will I get the enhanced IQ and be able to pick two skills I have to go beyond 98%? I know I will not get the skills, but if I have the skills already say 98% Computer Hacking, can I enhance it to go beyond 98% and get the +20% bonus to it? I know I cannot get new skills but enhancing what I already have seams ok. Also once I lose the ability of Extraordinary IQ then some time latter Mimic again and get the power again, could I chose new skills to enhance? (not get, but enhance skills I already have). Thank you for your time.

RAW, no you can't. With very few exceptions all skills cap at 98%. Those skills that can go beyond that cap specifically say so in their description and Computer Hacking isn't one of them.

I know I cannot mimic the power and choose the skills but, if I acquired the power or took it originally I could take computer hacking as it says I can.
"Area o f Expertise (Special): The character's extraordinary intelligence shines in one particular area of expertise. To reflect this, the character's skill percentages in his area of expertise continue to increase with experience and go well beyond the normal 98% skill rating cap! The player selects two skills from one of the following skill categories as his area of expertise: Communications, Domestic, Electrical, Espionage (excluding Pick Pockets, Sniper and Wilderness Survival), Mechanical, Medical, Science, or Technical (may include Computer Hacking found under Rogue skills), and gets a +20% bonus added to it in addition to any other bonuses from education, training and I.Q. bonus."

As you can see Computer Hacking is said that it can be picked as one of the skills.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”