Supernatural Strength

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EnlightenedVagabond
Wanderer
Comment: The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep...

Supernatural Strength

Unread post by EnlightenedVagabond »

Man, its been forever and a day since I logged in here and recently got the bug to run again and here I am.

So as a bit of a refreshed, one of my players is playing an Immortal from PU2 and the Dragon specifically, a ruling has been raised and I just wanted to get clarification before I hand a final ruling.

It states that the Dragon gets Supernatural Strength among other abilities, my assumption is that the strength score is just converted one for one to supernatural strength and that they do not gain the major power of supernatural strength, am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks for your time!

EV
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Supernatural Strength

Unread post by Warshield73 »

EnlightenedVagabond wrote:Man, its been forever and a day since I logged in here and recently got the bug to run again and here I am.

So as a bit of a refreshed, one of my players is playing an Immortal from PU2 and the Dragon specifically, a ruling has been raised and I just wanted to get clarification before I hand a final ruling.

It states that the Dragon gets Supernatural Strength among other abilities, my assumption is that the strength score is just converted one for one to supernatural strength and that they do not gain the major power of supernatural strength, am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks for your time!

EV

I have used a lot of creatures from Nightbane and Rifts and all I have done is just use the damage stats from PFRPG or Nightbane can't remember which one. HU is kind of old so I bring stuff in from other games to update.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

EnlightenedVagabond wrote:Man, its been forever and a day since I logged in here and recently got the bug to run again and here I am.

Thanks for your time!

EV

That's close to how I treat it. They basically get the SNPS superpower with the exception of the attribute roll. So if the player's PS is a 22 then they'd have the lifting and damage capabilities of someone with a SNPS of 22 under the power.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

EnlightenedVagabond wrote:snip..

..snip

Yes, just like with Mega Heroes, the PS score stays the same but is now SNPS instead of normal PS.

It is NOT the SNPS major hero power.

So your understanding of the text is correct.
And not an assumption.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

As they said, I agree. Your assumption is correct.
On the note of the Dragon Immortal, I am annoyed that it says to limit the number of powers, since they get so much already. Then the Demigod and Godling says to add more powers, cause they need two mega powers or one mega and another major power.
I don't see a reason to limit the Dragon in that way myself, so my house rule ignores that limitation.
My two cents. :)
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Yeah, just keep their strength number where it is, but now it's supernatural. allowing them to lift/drag more and do more damage.
Though, I would go with Yukon and say they get another major super ability above and beyond what they normally get.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”