Physical Strength equivalent?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Physical Strength equivalent?

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

Hey, I was wondering if there's a comparison (conversion?) for the different physical strengths?

Like say something is in cuffs or a net, and it says, requires a minimum of Supernatural strength 20 to break free... what about the other strengths? Would someone with a normal strength, or a bunch of friends, combining to P.S. 60 help possibly escape? Is five guys with Extraordinary strength 9 equal to someone with Superhuman strength of 30?
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Physical Strength equivalent?

Unread post by The Beast »

I just take the carry weight of the PS in question and convert it to the desired scale. So in your first example A SNPS of 20 can carry 6,000 pounds. Converting it to the normal PS would mean they'd need a combined PS of 300 to do break free from the same restraints.
syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

Thanks! Yeah that's what I played around with too eventually, was just wondering is there was ever an official answer. Could've sworn I saw one at one point in one of the books or in a Rifter *shoulder shrug*
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

The Beast wrote:I just take the carry weight of the PS in question and convert it to the desired scale. So in your first example A SNPS of 20 can carry 6,000 pounds. Converting it to the normal PS would mean they'd need a combined PS of 300 to do break free from the same restraints.

In my JU2 games I also use this method to apply additional damage to Extraordinary and Superhuman PS by comparing PS equivalents with Supernatural PS.. Just figure weight carry/lift, and see where it falls on the Supernatural PS chart.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”