Mechano-Link, Skills/Programs, and Bring Detected

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Godslayer
D-Bee

Mechano-Link, Skills/Programs, and Bring Detected

Unread post by Godslayer »

Okay, so Mechano-Link is the ultimate Hacking Ability I get that. But:

Mechano-Iink allows those who possess it to completely ignore passive security and automated active security (such as search programs and simple attack AI like automated weapon programs). The only obstacle to this kind of hacker is high end, active security like other hackers, programmers and intelligent AS

-AU:GG

Okay, so let's say that there is a CyberJacker connected to the same system that the Mechano-Linker is in, trying to stop anyone from messing with the system. My question is:

Does the CyberJacker automatically detect the Mechano-Linker?

Normally, if another CyberJacker was trying to hack the system he might use a Prowl Program to get in and get out without being detected. But there are no rules for if someone with Mechano-Link can use programs. Would they just roll their own real world prowl skill?

Without anything else to go off, I'm just thinking of letting my player with Mechano-Link roll Hacking in place of any Skill Program.

Have I missed a rule?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Mechano-Link, Skills/Programs, and Bring Detected

Unread post by The Beast »

Godslayer wrote:Okay, so Mechano-Link is the ultimate Hacking Ability I get that. But:

Mechano-Iink allows those who possess it to completely ignore passive security and automated active security (such as search programs and simple attack AI like automated weapon programs). The only obstacle to this kind of hacker is high end, active security like other hackers, programmers and intelligent AS

Okay, so let's say that there is a CyberJacker connected to the same system that the Mechano-Linker is in, trying to stop anyone from messing with the system. My question is:

Normally, if another CyberJacker was trying to hack the system he might use a Prowl Program to get in and get out without being detected. But there are no rules for if someone with Mechano-Link can use programs. Would they just roll their own real world prowl skill?

Without anything else to go off, I'm just thinking of letting my player with Mechano-Link roll Hacking in place of any Skill Program.

Have I missed a rule?

I think I would have the ML-person use their own skills instead of hacking (unless hacking was what they were trying to do of course). So in your example the ML-person would be rolling their normal prowl skill. Now if they didn't have the skill, I think then I'd have them use the computer hacking skill.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Godslayer wrote:Okay, so Mechano-Link is the ultimate Hacking Ability I get that. But:

Have I missed a rule?

This is actually noted under APS:Electricity on P.210 of GG, because they are inside the system physically they rely on their own skills, SDC, ect. But, since Mechano-Link still takes you into the system through a computer, I believe you would use the programs that are loaded into that computer. Unless you combine Mechano-Link and APS:Electricity and then LOOK OUT!
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Have I missed a rule?

Mechano-Link bypasses the programs that a hacker has to get through. In effect Mechano-link gives you the keys to unlock the security systems and barriers, and gives you total access to the system. As for being detected by someone, no, they are for all intents and purpose part of the system so there is nothing to detect.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”