Heroes Unlimited 2 Edition Cover

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Heroes Unlimited 2 Edition Cover

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

Did the character on the cover of the book ever get named or have any stats printed? I thought he did, but can't find it in my books.
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Heroes Unlimited 2 Edition Cover

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Not to my knowledge.

I was Just figuring he was a Capt. USA sort of char...easy enough to impersonate.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

syntheticlife4m wrote:Did the character on the cover of the book ever get named or have any stats printed? I thought he did, but can't find it in my books.

The character is called USA1 and is described as a "techno-hero" - this is mentioned on page 2 of HU 2nd edition.
I remember Kevin saying somewhere that the concept for the character was a hardware power category hero, but I can't remember where! I don't think it ever got full stats published for it.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

Soldier of Od wrote:
syntheticlife4m wrote:Did the character on the cover of the book ever get named or have any stats printed? I thought he did, but can't find it in my books.

The character is called USA1 and is described as a "techno-hero" - this is mentioned on page 2 of HU 2nd edition.
I remember Kevin saying somewhere that the concept for the character was a hardware power category hero, but I can't remember where! I don't think it ever got full stats published for it.

Much thanks!
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

I just re-checked the book and the character was the brainchild of Jim Steranko, the artist responsible for the cover, and was supposedly at the time coming out in some form, somewhere other than just on the cover of the book - no idea if it ever did.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

fbdaury wrote:I just re-checked the book and the character was the brainchild of Jim Steranko, the artist responsible for the cover, and was supposedly at the time coming out in some form, somewhere other than just on the cover of the book - no idea if it ever did.

went through his history, looks like it didn't. makes sense, guy was in high demand, probably forgot the idea entirely somewhere. happens to the best of us.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

No Stats for Abe Lincon though, dispite also being on the cover :(
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Well what do you expect we don't have official rules for HU Vampires yet.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Well what do you expect we don't have official rules for HU Vampires yet.

Daniel Stoker

True, but I sure would like to see how they write his "Upward Tree-Cleaving Axe Power-Attack"...
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I just want stats for his shot-gun axe.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”