A nightbane game

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Joseph Kerr
Explorer

A nightbane game

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

:? :? :?

Alright, so, friday/saturday i ran a Nightbane game for 6 of my friends. It was pretty fun, but i'd enjoy some help and suggestions for things to come. So please bare with me and let me explain what happened.

--------

So, we started character creation, when a split suddenly appeared. A few wanted to be good, the other evil. So it basically went for two groups of three. The good group (Group A) is comprised of a Nightbane, Sword Bearer, & Wampyr. The nightbane is a priest who's morphus form he considers to be the sins of his past manifested, he hates transforming into 'the beast'. Sword Bearer's your basic supernatural hunter, and the Wampyr is a little at odds with his companions, what with being a Vampire AND homosexual (The priest has problems with this).

The evil group (Group B) is comprised of an Atral Mage, Fleshsclupter, & Geo-Immortal. You should see the problem between the two groups. Unfortunately this group has 1 combat spell to their name..... To give them a little more advantage since they wanted to attack the other group (*Cough*), i allowed them a gang of sorts with vampire connections. They run drug deals and have a small access to a few Secondary vampires.

The game starts out with Group A getting a tip on a warehouse that's being used to manufacture drugs, normally they'd leave this stuff to the police, but apparenly theres vampire activity involved. So, they go and investigate, find that the warehouse has already been hit. Over with Group B, they are alerted to the fact that one of their warehouses had been hit by an unknown force, which managed to take out most of the personal and 3 of the 5 vampires involved. The Group A splits up, two getting into a conflict with an unknown shadow-like lifeform and the other encountering the Scorpion-Man thing. Group B arrives at the warehouse and attempts to drive out the shadow life form along with the other two. Guy A fighting the scorpion runs to aid his friends. After the shadow monster is dealt with, Group B immediately attacks Group A. At the end, Group B retreats into the Astral Domain, leaving 1 of theirs behind at the mercy of Group A. Group B is not discouraged and is recovering while planning another assualt. Group A, after breaking both arms of their new prisoner, is getting ready to interrogate him.

-----------

Truthfully, i just wanted to run a game that would start them off. Now, i'm looking for plot. A strange choice but whatever. I have a few plots i'm thinking about using, mostly attributed to Gallahers thread with the mentions of Babylonian and Sumerian mythos. I've also kicked around the Spear of Longinus and a Master Vampire involved. In general though, i wouldn't mind some people to bounce things off of and give ideas. Also, oppinions on the two groups would be cool. I think 3 more people are planning on joining up, and one is thinking about being a corrupted Guardian or some such.

Aside from that, i'm also attempting to get a digital game going. More comments on that if enough people respond to this thread.

Thanks for your time,

Joseph.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Gallaher: Yes, i am most interested in introducing a third force. I attempted to do so with the unknown enemy at the warehouse, but the problem is Group B is horridly gung ho in 'evily' attacking Group A. Interestingly, Group A is comprised of what i would call my Role players, while Group B is comprised of Roll players. I'm attempting to balance this out with my three other friends interested in playing, i know just one of them could straighten the whole group out if he wouldn't mind helping me. He's really into the roles of his character, and is a take charge guy, so more than likely the current leader of Group B will be having some interesting conflicts with this, but should be put in his place. Aside from that, i've been reading up on the Necrophim and toying with a few ideas involving them, also attempting to find my Shadow of Light book and seeing what i could do with the Athanatos.

Nerdbane: Thanks, usually my comfort limit is 4, so 6 (and perhaps 9!) players was and still is a bit intimidating. I'll look into the Nocturnes and see what i could possibley do with them to make my players lives more interesting, as for the Group A captive...we basically all assumed next session he would sing like a jay bird, sadly he did so even when he wasn't captured. It was like "Oh, well when we met up with our vampires we did this and this" "Shut up! The whole purpose to going to another room is to keep your actions a secret!!" He did that the whole time, i kid you not, even though Group A even told him to be quiet....he would just pipe up during the worst times revealing what had happened. He's not doing this on purpose..he's just....geh. Also, i'm not quite comfortable with the Astral Domain, and didn't particularly enjoy it when my friend chose an Astral Mage, but i'll read up on it and see whats what.

Misfit: Unless i don't get atleast one of the three new players in Group B, they will be ending up rolling new characters, they're that determined to beat Group A. They just don't go about it smartly. I don't particularly wish this to be PvP, but if it ends up like that, then the outcome will be whatever it will be.

In general, i'm hoping to somehow get Group B straightened out, introduce a third force so they can collectively work together (violent or not), and progress through several plotlines along with side plots. I am VERY interested in introducing some mythos though. My knowledge extends to Greek, Norse, and a very little ammount of Native American. Babylonian and Sumerian sound extremely interesting however, and i think i may take Christian beliefs and throw them in here and there yet changing them to suit my needs, such as having Jesus be a powerful mage or Guardian and not a demigod. No, Jesus will not be making an appearance in my game, but if i introduce the Spear of Longinus, the players may find out that some things werent as they seem. Also, i do not intend to insult anyones religion, that is exactly not what i want to do. I apologise if you think me using any such things somehow angers you.

Thanks for your time,

Joseph
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Gallaher: Mhmm, i've seen Gilgamesh and Beowulf and have considered them aswell. I suppose i'll just have to bone up on my mythologies and see what i can manage from them.

Nerdbane: I suppose, it's not that they're power gamers....it's just...they don't play by their characters too well. I'm going to still try and introduce my friend to their team and see how that turns out.

I'll write up some stats and post'em to see what everyone thinks for the NPC's and items i have ideas for.

Return to “Nightbane®”