Mystic China / NSS Morphus

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Other than their names (e.g. Stone Ox, Iron Hand, etc.), I don't see how exercises can be made into Morphus traits.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Mystic China / NSS Morphus

Unread post by Sentinel »

DavidGallaher1 wrote:Has anybody else used Body Hardening Techniques from Mystic China / NSS as Morphus Forms. I'm considering adding them to add a different sort of flavor to my Nightbane game that takes place in Chinatown. I don't think they will unbalance the game, but do want to see what other folks experiences were.

Thoughts?

I certainly allow characters to learn N&SS/Mystic China martial arts (and the powers that go with them), but I had not considered making them part of the Morphus aspect.
The Body Hardenings are a matter of training, while the Morphus is anything but.
I don't think the inclusion of Martial Arts and Martial Arts Powers will be a disbalancing factor, I just don't think they are the tool you're looking for in this case either.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Mystic China / NSS Morphus

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

DavidGallaher1 wrote:Has anybody else used Body Hardening Techniques from Mystic China / NSS as Morphus Forms. I'm considering adding them to add a different sort of flavor to my Nightbane game that takes place in Chinatown. I don't think they will unbalance the game, but do want to see what other folks experiences were.

Thoughts?

just let them take martial arts as normal and learn them the normal way. I do.

and besides, they'd be pathetically weak for talents.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

ya know Iw as thinking somethign like this for re.writing my idea of aNightbane martial artist. Essentially Anightbane took any martial art he wishes, but instead of usual Martial art power got Morphus trait(for Body hardening and permanent powers) or Talents(for the other martiala rt powers). So a A Nightbane Martial artist tend to get more talents and morphus traits than normal as he gorw in experience.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."

Return to “Nightbane®”