Can guardians nullify magic generally or just formal spells?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lindharin

Can guardians nullify magic generally or just formal spells?

Unread post by Lindharin »

Hi,

Can guardians use their nullify against magic that isn't actually a spell? For example, could they nullify a nightbane's Talent (that costs PPE to use), or the special ability of a magic item (that costs PPE to use), or a Night Prince's illusions?

My assumption is no, but I wanted to check how others do it.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

No. only magic, while Nightbane and such can do other things with PPE, it's not magic.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

No. only magic, while Nightbane and such can do other things with PPE, it's not magic.

Oh yes they are, they just are not spells.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Can guardians nullify magic generally or just formal spe

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Lindharin wrote:Hi,

Can guardians use their nullify against magic that isn't actually a spell? For example, could they nullify a
nightbane's Talent (that costs PPE to use), No
or the special ability of a magic item (that costs PPE to use), maybe, vs TW stuff yes, reguler magic stuf (ie: three times per day stuff) yes, Talismen (three charges) yes, rune weapon magic is iffy
or a Night Prince's illusions?knee jerk reaction would be no, but if the GM says it does then it does.

My assumption is no, but I wanted to check how others do it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Nightbane®”