Doppleganger Question

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcethus
Champion

Doppleganger Question

Unread post by Marcethus »

ok an odd thought here. I know that most Dopplegangers just randomly appear or some such thing. But I was wondering if two awakened dopplegangers got together and did the horizontal mambo would there be a possiblity of pregnancy?
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I would say no. Your mileage may vary.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

"Dopplegrangers are not born or created" is the first part of the line before mentioning them spontaneously just appearing. So I'd have to think that the answer is no, they cannot get pregnant. Personally, if I allowed it to happen as a GM I would probably have a major plot point behind the fact (because how did this happen and it could be a key to some fact or another) or have what is born something that isn't NOT a Doppleganger. Maybe two Dopplegangers could have a human child or something like that. Also, I don't think that it would have to be two awakened Dopplegangers. Even the unawakened ones have lives that mock those of their double, so it might be possible that two would have some type of relation even in this state (maybe that's just me though). If you really want to start thinking odd, perhaps this is how Nightbane are born. How? Well no Nightbane knows their parents, right? Perhaps just before birth they have a weird self-defense mechanism to escape (instinctively knowing they'll be killed if found) to Earth and must be found. Or their parents automatically die as a result (Dopplegangers have short live expectancies anyways). Perhaps the mother is able to use the unborn Nightbane's ability to travel to Earth, but for some reason while pregnant is unable to kill her double ensuring her death. Okay, I'm just kind of rambling on here now. And I haven't really thought any of this out before I started typing, it was just kind of random stuff that just came to my mind all of the sudden. *Shrugs.* Perhaps it'll give you some ideas, perhaps not. Perhaps you'll just take me for the rambling fool that I am. Anyways, I'd still have to say that two Dopplegangers could not have children. Any type of relations between two would have no chance of pregnancy.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

they can mate with a human, but any result would be 100% human.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:they can mate with a human, but any result would be 100% human.

His question is with each other. Ergo a mated pair of dopplegangers.

a human if anything
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

how would two SN beings such as a pair of Dopplegangers result in a pure human?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Marcethus wrote:how would two SN beings such as a pair of Dopplegangers result in a pure human?

Magic! :)

Return to “Nightbane®”