+14 vs. magic?! Yikes!

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

+14 vs. magic?! Yikes!

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Just picked up a copy of Nightbane and its supplements from Ebay; looking for something new to play.

What an awesome game! I love about 90% of all of it!!

However, I did have a question. I was tinkering with an NPC and in his Morphus this guy receives a +14 vs. Magic! Holy *&^%!!!! :eek:

Are other Nightbane like this?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

high PE+other bonuses add up quick.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

When so many Morphus forms provide HF above 12, I wonder if you walk
into Club Freak you spend 5 minutes rollings saving throws before
you even get to the bar?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

HAHAHA!!! I hadn't thought of that!
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

i generally play by the rule that you only need to roll vs hf if the thing in question is doing something that could appear threatening
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

So if your walking up to the bar and you have to pass the Nightbane
with the stigma of protruding organs while he's eating pizza and his
buddy has the stigma of open sores is drinking beer, and there are flies
buzzing around their head and not the food, then do you roll for HF?
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Reagren Wright wrote:When so many Morphus forms provide HF above 12, I wonder if you walk
into Club Freak you spend 5 minutes rollings saving throws before
you even get to the bar?

I think that it's generally assumed that most bar patrons (and Nightbanes in general) are used to being around creatures that look that horrifying. However, for a first-timer, I'd probably have them roll against the average horror factor of all the Nightbanes in the club. After a while, the GM could add bonuses to the roll for every X number of visits until the sight of Nightbanes no longer bothers the character.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I would give a bonus, or even ignore the Horror Factor altogether, based on the Nightbane's natural ability to recognize each other.
I mean, sure she looks like a giant Shelob-looking spider with nails sticking out of her, but somethng in your Nightbane soul says "She's one of us."
The H.F. would of course kick in if said spider girl came barrelling down on you shrieking for your blood, but if she was just sitting by a table at Club Freak sipping a drink with a little umbrella in it, I wouldn't call for a roll.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

there are ways to get that Save vs magic down in Nightbane, and one of them includes attacking people in their dreams and Astral plane, where bonuses are not PE based but ME based.

Return to “Nightbane®”