Sparking some life into the product line

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Sparking some life into the product line

Unread post by Marrowlight »

With the 2K6 release schedule already looking to be full of what didn't make it in 2K5 (or in some cases, what didn't make it in 2K4 or even 2k3 ;) ) there's a good year to two years before a Nightbane book might slip into the publishing schedule...so with all that time ahead, what are people actually looking for in a future book?

Personally, even though there's a ton of the world left undiscussed I'm beginning to wonder if it is time to move the timeline ahead a little and fan the flames of conflict even higher than they already are. Things are bad in as presented in the mainbook - but maybe it is time to make them worse.

Anyone else have some feelings on what can be done?
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Hint at what is coming down the pipe, but flesh out the world, factions, and history first.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Better yet...leave the line alone so that Big Kev and his ego don't ruin it. Look at Dark Conversions...do you really want future Nightbane books to be like that?

[Edit: fixed the post after the censorship removed the truth. Free speech now.]
Last edited by Beelzebozo on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Beelzebozo wrote:Better yet...leave the line alone [MODERATED - No personal insults/attacks ~Natalya]. Look at Dark Conversions...do you really want future Nightbane books to be like that?

Nope... it would be cool if Carella would come back to write a book on Nightlords in different countries and some more information on artifacts/a timeline further spiraling into darkness. Mayhaps a fall of one of the weaker factions, or more insight into the "mind" of the Dark.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Yeah but we know that won't happen.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is some Faction info but it would have to be done by someone that loves the Nightbane game as much as the fans do and can do it right.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Give the line to Darky or Ed3. My vote's Ed3 just because he needs the work more.

You sure you wanna give nightbane a Wheel of Time style complexity? You know that'd happen if Ed3 has his way....
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Give the line to Darky or Ed3. My vote's Ed3 just because he needs the work more.

You sure you wanna give nightbane a Wheel of Time style complexity? You know that'd happen if Ed3 has his way....

That could be very interersting since I actually like the WoT complexity and would love to find a game or two that has it. Though I haven't tried the WoT game as of yet.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Marcethus wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

That could be very interersting since I actually like the WoT complexity and would love to find a game or two that has it. Though I haven't tried the WoT game as of yet.

Try his Rifts game. been going on for near 6 years and can only be discribed as...Labyrinthine....and all based on the character's reactions.

pity his Nightbane game died a while ago
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

No, I wouldn't. I really don't want to see a lot of faction info.

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Rather than say what should or not be in the books I rather see any support for this line right now good or bad. In any case I rather see more faction info, less new Nightbane types we have enough imo and more world information. Books showing how the rest of the world was affected by the appearence of the Nightlords.

For the record i liked Dark Conversions hell next to Rifts, HU Nightbane is my third favorite game.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Sureshot wrote:Rather than say what should or not be in the books I rather see any support for this line right now good or bad. In any case I rather see more faction info, less new Nightbane types we have enough imo and more world information. Books showing how the rest of the world was affected by the appearence of the Nightlords.

For the record i liked Dark Conversions hell next to Rifts, HU Nightbane is my third favorite game.

"support for this line right now good or bad." "For the record, i liked Dark Conversions" "Rifts"

It's... all coming together. :P

Sureshot
Champion

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Specter wrote:
Sureshot wrote:Rather than say what should or not be in the books I rather see any support for this line right now good or bad. In any case I rather see more faction info, less new Nightbane types we have enough imo and more world information. Books showing how the rest of the world was affected by the appearence of the Nightlords.

"support for this line right now good or bad." "For the record, i liked Dark Conversions" "Rifts"

It's... all coming together. :P

Nucular burn! :D

Not really a burn. I thought Dark conversions was a Nightsbane product. I made a mistake so sue me.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Want some more rope? :-?

Sureshot
Champion

Specter wrote:Want some more rope? :-?

It has been a long time since I looked through the book and forgot it was a Rifts book. Clear enough? Now knock it off.

Enlightened Grognard

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I'm really not making fun of you for thinking Dark Conversions was a Nightbane sourcebook. I didn't even realize you were saying that in the first place. I'm ribbing you for suggesting we buy books even if they are bad... then saying you liked Dark Conversions, and Rifts is your favorite game.

Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Except for me. Der Klown does not label himself.

Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Der Klown doesn't like you. Der Klown is getting very angry. You won't like Der Klown when Der Klown is angry. :D

Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Der Klown is sad and rejected by humanity now.

Sureshot
Champion

Sorry guys I took what was written too personally when I should not have.

Enlightened Grognard

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Sureshot wrote:Sorry guys I took what was written too personally when I should not have.

It's ok. Group hug!

Except Specter. He's wierd. (-=

Ummm, you sure you wanna hug the Killer Cyborg? :erm: 8-) :lol:

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I say make New Stuff for Rifter on how Nightbane are doing in Other Cauntries!

Do not be afead of adding New things to Nightbane.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Sureshot wrote:Sorry guys I took what was written too personally when I should not have.

Dude, no problem whatsoever. I'm sure you'll be able to mock me for my geeky tendencys in the near future.

*group hug!*

Return to “Nightbane®”