What do you think of the Factions?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you think of the Factions?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What Faction do you think is the Best?

Why do like that Faction over the Others?

Do you have a idea for a all New Faction?
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Nocturnes hands down. They aren't good guys but they fight the dark. They are probably the best faction for a group to associate them selves with. Even though they'll get flack from other factions... esspecially the Lightbringers.

A new faction? Not really... there are enough factions already. Maybe a cult for whoever, but nothing big.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Sightblinder wrote:There was a lot more info on factions in Shadows of Light but the editing removed it all...

Yeah, I would have liked to get all the info on the Templar knights, but we needed those extra pages for advertising. :-x Cause we spent our money for a catalog... not a sourcebook.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Specter wrote:
Sightblinder wrote:There was a lot more info on factions in Shadows of Light but the editing removed it all...

Yeah, I would have liked to get all the info on the Templar knights, but we needed those extra pages for advertising. :-x Cause we spent our money for a catalog... not a sourcebook.

The catalog stuff would have been fine if it had been kept to Nightbane and BTS, but having a WHOLE PAGE devoted to Glitter Boy artwork when there was a lot of wasted white space elsewhere was just annoying.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

If you want a great backstory for the Templars, I recommend cannibalizing the history from the Abomination Codex for WitchCraft by CJ Carella.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

being urban my players did like the Warlords and the underground Railroad.

in my last online game my players worked with Spook Squad and ended up working with the Grey ghost society..
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I want to create a faction dedicated to playing all the various other factions off of each other in an attempt to trick them into acheiving the destruction of the Nightlords and themselves.

Oh wait, I did create sucha a faction, I called it Jefffar the Dread Lord of Unreality and Master of Naught.

Makes my Nightbane games kinda twisted fun.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Hehe Jeffar that's definitely sounds interesting I would love to be in one of your games.

My favorite Faction When my chara's are associated with a faction at all is the Nocturnes mostly because of the ones the books have the most info for it's a Toss up between them and Spook Squad depending on what exactly my chara is
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

I always liked Club Freak as a faction. The Grey Ghost society, not a Nightbane faction per se, is extremely cool. I always pictured having someone get approached by a member of Club Freak, or pointed in that direction anyway, gain access to the Astral Club, and join the Grey Ghost society as well... or the other way around where their Astral friends lead them to Club Freaks Astral club.

I also liked the Underground Railroad a lot, and with the dawn of Dark Day, the splitting off to make the Resistance. The both have good story ideas, although many more long term in mind (the Underground Railroad is, ater all, looking to make everythign appear normal and keep thing going smoothly for everyone.)
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I'm have to agree... While my players were attracted to the warlords, ... Warlords and non nightbane do not mix...

The Grey Ghost society is easiest to manage, as they can always encounter the pcs in arenas the pcs are not going to be good at.
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

I created a few for my campaign years ago. Keep in mind, these were writen, again a few years back and I'm not much of a writer so. Oh, and please bare with me for any spelling or gramatical errors :D

The Nightingales:
The Nightingales were first formed in the 10th century by a small sect of woman practicing witchcraft outside of the city of London, England. Who would have known that on one particular night, a spell would be cast by the practicing witches that would open a doorway to another world...one very close to our own, the Nightlands. A select few would venture into the Nightlands that night, and would never be heard from again.

Over the centuries, the small sect would grow in to a prosperous but secret organization. Many expeditions would be led into these unholy lands of terror and night. Much information had been gathered about the Nightlords themselves and their city-states.

The faction is a patriodical society. Only women are allowed to join and belong. Why is it this way is unclear, even to the very heads of the faction, but still the old ways are upheld. Some believe that men simply cause all that is wrong in the world...others that woman are destined to survive... and still, the faction keeps with its old ways.

Like the rest of the world, the coming of Darkday took the faction by surprise. Many of its members would parish in the 24 hours of darkness. Many would find themselves transformed into Nightbane. So it was that day, and until the present, the Nightingales would fight against the Nightlords and everything they stand for.

Today, the Nightingales strike at the Nightlords mainly in the real world, seldom venturing into the Nightlands for any reason, with the possible exception of searching for an ancient relic or artifact.They operate mainly from Toronto, Los Angeles, and Tokyo, but can be found just about anywhere and at anytime.

The Survivors: Mixed with Heroes Unlimited
Right from the start the Nightlords had targeted them. The Nightlords knew that if there plan of Darkday was to work, then all opposition would have to be destroyed. The heroes of the Earth...mutants, experiments, cyborgs and the rest would be a thorn in the Nightlords sides.

When Darkday came, the heroes would valiantly defend their world and homes, but like the rest of the world, they themselves barely understood what was happening. It mattered not, hero or villain; all would have to fall. Many would parish from the initial onslaughts of hounds and hunters and to a lesser degree the very people they were trying to save...being seen as monsters themselves by the terrified people.

Today, the heroes that are left no longer adorn their bright and colourful costumes, but preferring to strike when least expecting. Many of the villains and heroes find themselves fighting against a common foe. With the Nightlords secret takeovers of the world’s governments, many if not all of the special funded hero groups would be disbanded. With that, the remaining heroes and the odd villain who had not been recruited by the Nightlords, would band together as the Survivors. The survivors mainly operate out of a large warehouse in the city of Toronto, located near the harbor front. From all outward appearances, it would seem to be a rundown derelict of a place that may attract squatters if anything, but looks can be deceiving. Under that shabby exterior hides a super sophisticated base of operations with everything a modern day hero may need. The building itself is very strongly fortified and secure, making it short of impossible for anyone but the Nightlords to brake it. As of yet, the Nightlords have no idea where the base maybe located, but actively search for its where about.

The Tomorrow Knights:
Perhaps one of the strangest factions is the Tomorrow Knights. Not simply that they are one of the newest factions, but to the point of where they come from and who they are.

With the coming of dark day came the Nightlords. Not unlike that of the coming of Rifts on Rifts Earth, Darkday and the secret takeover / invasion by the Nightlords would send residual shock waves through the Megaverse. It would draw both heroes and villains of kinds to this newly troubled world. The Tomorrow Knights would soon follow.

The Tomorrow Knights are a large faction composed of champions and would be heroes from across the Megaverse. Each member has his/her own reason for becoming a Knight, but in the end all share the same goal; to free worlds from the demonic plagues rule and oppress the people.

The group was formed over 1000 years ago by an ancient Chiang-Ku dragon named Crynther. Being an experienced dimensional traveler, he would stumble upon worlds that had been conquered by invaders of all kinds. Doing what he would believe to be the best course of action and what he believed to be right, the Tomorrow Knights would be formed. Starting with only a handful of members, the Tomorrow Knights would grow into the tens of thousands in only a few centuries.

Today, the Tomorrow Knights are headed by a council of six, each member represents the world of the origin that is troubled. While the Tomorrow Knights operate from many different worlds, there are 6 main from which they focus most of there attention; Nightbane Earth, Systems Failure Earth, Seeron (Rifts Scraypers), Wormwood, Splicers and Robotech (Invid Invasion era). All share the same problem; invaders. They are currently considering expanding to another alternate Earth dominated by stranger mechanical crab-like robots.

On Nightbane Earth, they operate mainly in the Nightlands fighting the Nightlords and their minions whenever the opportunity arises. There base of operations, while unknown to the Nightlords, is located in the ruins of the Nightlands equivalent of Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada. A small town east of Toronto. The area is completely devoid of life except for the Tomorrow Knights. Three permanent portals are linked the various worlds the protect so valiantly.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

Favorite faction... the Nightlords!!!! (I love playing evil!)

Return to “Nightbane®”