Spell Variant

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

opinion?

good
100%
bad
No votes
M
No votes
other (post why other)
No votes

Total votes: 7

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Spell Variant

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I was making up this Variant o fthe hidden reflection spell, opinions please.

HIdden Reflection: Greater (invocation)
level ten
Range: self and other by touch
Duration: 1 hour per level
Saving Throw: none
P.P.E.: 30 for self only, 100 when taking in another

Much like the Hidden Reflection (lesser) spell this lets the mage step into a mirror to hide in the reflection's background, being able to see and hear everything that happens in front of it as if hearing/seeing it from an open window. The major difference, is that the mage can take someone along with him into the mirror, he can even reach out of a mirror to take a person into the mirror he was already in. While in the mirror each person can exit the mirror at any time they wish to if they are not connected in any why. But, if one person is holding onto the other then both have to want to exit the mirror for them to exit, once all people are out of the mirror the spell ends, leaving no trace of anyone having used the mirror as a hiding place, even to a person who is able to object read.

If the mage goes in alone, then any reflective surface can be used as a mirror, but can only see out the side of the surface he came in on. (i.e.: if using a plane of glass of a window as the mirror and standing on the outside of the window, he would only be able to the outside side of the window.

Having the mirror shattered, then those with in the mirror sense of reality is shattered. Roll on the following table if the mirror is shattered.

01-15 Thrown into the Astral Plane (Mind, body, & soul) Finding one's way back to their home world is slim (06%) without a Astral Guide. Return to the physical world is unlikely (20%) with out a Guide. They will parish of hunger and thirst in 4d4 days unless they can convince a denizen of the astral plane to take them in (at what price?). If their bodies die in the astral plane the there is a 40% chance of becoming an astral being. (With no physical body they will have to spend the rest of their days in the astral plane.)
16-37 Trapped in a shard of the mirror for what seams like days, but is only 3d4 hours. Finally reappearing whole and unscathed. Roll on the after affects table.
38-44 Trapped in the Mirror Wall for an hour and falls through the mirror they are standing on, ending up somewhere on the same world unless they have moved to a mirror nearby to somewhere they know.
45-60 White noise and swirling images that seam to last forever, feeling as if being ripped apart. Then suddenly standing themselves in front of the shattered mirror 4d4 min. later. roll on the after effects table
61-80 After an undefinable time of having their mind torn apart. The person will appear shaken and with suffer from Vertigo for 1d4 days, and unable to cast any magic spells for 2d4 days.
81-00 Spat out of the mirror with a thud the instant the mirror is shattered! Suffers 2d6 damage and looses initiative for the first melee round, but is otherwise okay.

After Effects Table
01-15 Shaken but okay. Appears standing in front of the shattered mirror.
16-35 Afraid of mirrors for 2d4+4 days.
36-50 Is afflicted with sever nausea for 1d20 hours.
51-80 Is afraid of any refection of a person that is not his own for 3d6 days: also avoiding all mirrors and magic as much as possible.
81-00 Will see in reflections, out of the corner of his eyes, movement in image in the mirror. Paranoid 2d4 days.

Note: that when the time elapses the mage, and companion if any, are forced out of the mirror with out an ill affects. When two people are in the same mirror using the same spell, if the mirror is shattered, roll only once on the Effects table, but separately on the Side Effects Table.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

Didn't like the Dreamstream option, I see? :)
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Very nice. Adds more flavor to the spell. Something a wizard should be able to do.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Maybe I will soon...I have a coreced vertion of blinding flash that I call blinding arc, based off my experience with welding arcs and forgetting to loower my hood bafor striking one. :)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

very nice spell

Return to “Nightbane®”