The Shroud talent vs magic detection??

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wolvenq

The Shroud talent vs magic detection??

Unread post by wolvenq »

Wanted everyones opinion on this.The Shroud makes you invisible and noiseless to normal vision/senses and electronic devices,but what about magic senses like detect invisible or stuff like that?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The shroud is equivlent to Invisible(superior) which is not detectable by See the Invisible.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

can't. only the Hounds and such can see though the shrouds as it's own ability
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Bastionbane wrote:While we have always played the Shroud as making the 'Bane completely undetectable, it has made me wonder if the psionic abilities presence sense or such would be able to "see" the 'Bane? What about the Martial Arts powers like Zanshin.

Basically what I am asking, are there any limits as to what the Shroud will keep one hidden from (aside from hounds)?

Zanshin would let you sense them as normal, I'd rule
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Bastionbane wrote:Following that, presense sense would also negate the Shroud, as well as sense evil or good.

Psychic powers can't get though the shroud.

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

the shround, while it makes you invisible, IT MAKES YOU PLAINLY VISIBLE to The person you're stalking.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Gomen_Nagai wrote:the shround, while it makes you invisible, IT MAKES YOU PLAINLY VISIBLE to The person you're stalking.

no. it says plainly your only visible to that person IF YOU WANT IT.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:the shround, while it makes you invisible, IT MAKES YOU PLAINLY VISIBLE to The person you're stalking.

no. it says plainly your only visible to that person IF YOU WANT IT.

She speaks the truth. :D
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I just forgot about the Selective thing.. but then I'd inflict that purposefully on PCs...

But in either case I'd say it would still run afoul of Sense PResence, CHi awareness and similar abilities
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

chi awareness yes but Presence Sense no because it is a psychic power and the shroud can't be penetrated by psionic detection abilities.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Bastionbane wrote:I do not see too much distinction between the two abilities. They both sense the presence of something or someone who cannot be seen for what ever reason. If one is allowed then the other should be also.

Zanshin reads of intent to do harm and following the chi trail back to the attacker. Presence Sense reads of sensing the supernatural and creatures of magic and knowing that they are in the area. Sense Evil reads of the radiating nature of supernatural creatures and allowing the psychic to get a feel of where they are.

As I understand things, Nightbane are supernatural creatures no matter what their form is or thier alignment.

there is a difference between chi and senseing evil/supernatural. therefore one (chi) can work while psychics (presense sense) can't.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

The Last Darkness wrote:I always belived there was only 5 ways to penetrate through "The Shroud" Talent.
Remeber this talent is extremly powerful and take constant concentration and PPE to keep active. This makes it superior to simply a Invisibility spell.

1) Zanshin can "see" through the Shroud where it applies.
2) Psionic Omnisight I belive could be argued to see through the shroud.
3) A 4D being can see through the Shroud where applicable
4) A Bane who crated a talent specificaly to see through the Talent.
5) Psyicaly trapping the Bane, say he falls into a tiger pit trap etc, hes still a physical being so he can still set off physicaly traps like pit falls and trip wires etc

I don't see how psychic omnisight applies, and I don't see why a 4d being would be able to see one either. they can't see the invisible, just everything that is visible.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Zanshin as per N&S allows one to see all chi around him rather it be possitive or negative. *In bad martial arts movie dubbing* "What good is it to see your attacker, if you know not what you must move past" *end bad martial arts movie dubbing*
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Nightbane®”