ok want another nightbane book....I think

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

ok want another nightbane book....I think

Unread post by bathawk »

hey all still sitting on the fence about Nightbane as a whole
but I really like through the looking glass, especialy the fleshsculptor, just the type of thing I was looking for

well I can get book 4 tonight, or I can hold out and get either book 1 or 2 tomorrow night. what I'm looking for is more "superhero type" OCC's that aren't completely genre specific (like say wormwood)

any help input before I head out in a few hours?
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Superhero types....

Not many in the Nightlands book... besides the (sword bearer O.C.C) which would be awesome with some kind of twisted Wormwood weapons. The actual Nightbane from the main book/ Wampyrs / maybe Guardians. I can't think of anything from between the shadows that would fit Wormwood, Unless the 'Kenetic PCC is in that book.

Book 4 seems right up your alley. The Anathos are definately superhero types, and the Templar Knight OCC should fit right in.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

thanks spectre, due to your recomendation I picked up Shadows of Light this evening, only about a dozen page in so far, but I like what I've read

(now you can collect your royalty check from Palladium)
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Uhm, i think he was using Wormwood as an example of something with "genre specific" heroes (right?).

Anyway, i only have BtS and TtGD, but i can't recommend BtS highly enough. I know Cherico won't shut up about how "awsome" the Astral Lords are in superhero games. There's also great updates of the BTS Psychics that are perfect superheroes (Kinetic, Psimechanic, Arcane Detective etc.) There's plenty of stuff in it i've used in my HU game, mostly as villains though. Of course the heroic Living Nightmare rocks like a small child versus a mage.

If you don't have the main book it's the one to get.
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

really? I always thought BtS was more of "survival horror" or a supernatural leaning "X-files"

maybe I need some more info here
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

bathawk wrote:really? I always thought BtS was more of "survival horror" or a supernatural leaning "X-files"

maybe I need some more info here

In this case, BtS is Between the Shadows sourcebook for Nightbane rather than the more familiar (to most Palladium fans) Beyond the Supernatural setting.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

acreRake wrote:Uhm, i think he was using Wormwood as an example of something with "genre specific" heroes (right?).

Anyway, i only have BtS and TtGD, but i can't recommend BtS highly enough. I know Cherico won't shut up about how "awsome" the Astral Lords are in superhero games. There's also great updates of the BTS Psychics that are perfect superheroes (Kinetic, Psimechanic, Arcane Detective etc.) There's plenty of stuff in it i've used in my HU game, mostly as villains though. Of course the heroic Living Nightmare rocks like a small child versus a mage.

If you don't have the main book it's the one to get.

first of all astral lords do rock in a heros campain
secondly with the new rules a mage can defeat the kid with the
rocks provided he wins initive
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Also, IMHO, you can tailor a Morphus into a 'superhero' type. Some Morphii are easy to redesign, like Doll Like Appearance & Physical Perfection can be combined into Classic SuperHero Appearance (Ubermensch: four-color costume w/ cape, muscular build, squared-jaw for male Morphi, or Amazonian Archetype for female Morphi).

Just thinking out loud right now. Don't have the books on had at the moment.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

lol yeah I geuss I did think BtS was "Beyond the Supernatural" and not "between the Shadows...or is that Beyond?"

as far as superhero types I mean the types that can do what ordinary ment and women can't those that can harm others, protect themselves, or"get the hellout of dosge" without "mortal" crutches like shotguns, swords, cars ect;

hmm shorter explanation, if abattle between Pc's and thier enemies result in property damage...chances are it's a OCC/RCC I'm interested in
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

ahra wrote:My main question is what is your definition of "superhero type" occ's.

My opinion has always been that any occ can be a superhero type if played correctly. Personally, I think the heroism comes from the playing and the heart and guts of the character, not the skills.

Or I may just be up too late on too much caffeine.

Presumably he's talking about characters that can kick ass and take names, and that have both the style and the funky powers to hold their own in a fairly high-powered campaign. I mean sure, with a bit of work you can take some perfectly ordinary mortal occult researcher and make him a central figure in a heroic Nightbane game, but that takes an awful lot of care and hard work (especially from the GM, since mortals are annoyingly fragile PCs when they're rubbing shoulders with supers).
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

well kicking ass and taking names is a good way to put it

but "about as subtle as a mack tuck full of anvils....going down a cliff"

abilities should be big and bold that would make a mere mortal drop thier jaws

psychic senstives? tarot card diviners? psychic mediums? kind of "obscue as far as what they are and what they can do

Return to “Nightbane®”