Singular Talents

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I could have sworn they could hold it open. Allow others to pass.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I think there is a restriction mentioned in the S.W. description.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Singular Talents

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gadrin wrote:I assume that unless otherwise stated that most Talents can only be used by the 'Bane...like...

Doorway, only the Morphus can travel thru the door...or can they "hold it open" to transfer addtional people in their party ?

Looks like GM's discretion. It doesn't even mention whether the character who uses the power has to walk into the door or it instantly sucks in and teleports the character. I'd rule that it stays open for up to one melee round, unless the character pays the cost for additional melees.

can the Shadow Warlock use Talents that are only usable by the Morphus form ? (like Splittin' Image).

I always figgered "why not?" but... anyway I'd rule the SW just splits his form into two.

In the class description it says the only limitations which apply are level requirements. If this were not the case, most Talents would not be available to the Shadow Warlock, making the ability rather pointless.

Presumably this also means that Elite Talents can be selected, although one could argue that Elite Talents and standard Talents are separate things, and that the Shadow Warlock specifically only has access to the latter.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The doorway stays open til the NS/NB goes through it. till then anyone can go through it. However, after saying that....I would give a max time limit of 5 min. before it closes automaticly. I Say this because duration of the Doorway talent wasn't stated in th discription. But your GM is going to have the final say on how it works.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Official Talents? Because there are tons of player created talents... I don't even want to go through my Rifters and find all of the talents that effect others.

A rule of thumb. If it has a range... it probably effects others.

If it's something like a door way that can be held open... it can be held open for others.

If it says self... and self only. You probably can't effect others with it.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gadrin wrote:well, let me ask you this: (I'm not a Nightbane expert)

how many Talents affect other characters? (other than the target of a damaging power, etc).

In the NB/S amin book there are only two (besides dooway) that are but two none combat realted talents that affect others. Infectious control & Sharing the flesh. There are others contained in the rifters. This does not mean that you can't come up with other Talents that have an affect over others in your own games. The section on creating new talents, encurages us to make them up, giving the powers from the other PB settings to be models for the construction of new talents. The only limiting factors with NB talents are your imagination and your GM's appruvale of the talents.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Nightbane®”