Astral Reconfigure

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Astral Reconfigure

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

gadrin wrote:I want to reconfigure my favorite garment (NE-CS1 Cermalyte Nightsuit) which weighs 4 pounds. Costs an Astral Lord 4 pts of ISP, and my character a ******** of cash & gems.

however the garment has been altered by a temporal mage and given a Dimensional Pocket (which magically holds 30 lbs).

after reconfiguration, will the Dimensional Pocket still work ?

Can I put items that haven't been reconfigured inside it and take them with me to another destination, say to a Astral Domain, or to another physical plane ?

it works just fine even reconfigured. the reconfiguring has no effect on the dimensional pockets, as it's a dimension entirely seperate from the astral plane. the pocket is nothing but a protal to the diensions and it has no bearing on the astral nature whatsoever.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Or how about reconfiguring a suitcase sized nuke!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

The Deific NMI wrote:Or how about reconfiguring a suitcase sized nuke!!!

it can be done but a suit case sized nuke is going to be by nature
extreamly heavy.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Lord Cherico wrote:

extreamly heavy.
90 Kilograms.

http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/week/020923.htm

Look about a 1/3 of the way down under the section "Portait of a Suit Case Nuke" (or something like that). There is even talks of suitcase nukes that weigh as little as 30 kilograms.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

The Deific NMI wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:

extreamly heavy.
90 Kilograms.

http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/week/020923.htm

Look about a 1/3 of the way down under the section "Portait of a Suit Case Nuke" (or something like that). There is even talks of suitcase nukes that weigh as little as 30 kilograms.

well there goes my attempt at game balance
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

What did I scare people away with Psi-Nukes?
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

In order to avoid thinking too hard about this, i'm going to agree with Nekira. :)
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

The Deific NMI wrote:What did I scare people away with Psi-Nukes?

yes yes you did psy nukes are pretty intimidating dont you agree?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Now picture this.. truely terrifying...

A psychic terrorist/ Astral Lord....
Uses Astral Reconfiguration to reconfigure a suitcase nuke. A bit expensive, but worth the investment (unless he can convince someone else to reconfigure it). Now to deliver... Hmmm take it through a dream portal? NAh.. Use astral transference and take it anywhere in the world(s) and drop it off!!!

This book is great for ideas on Psychic assassins.
Psychic Warrior

Psychic Warrior: Project Aura
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

That too.
Reason I suggested reconfiguring the nuke, is to use it as a nuke on the astral plane.
Besides if I remember correctly, you cant bring something into the Astral, without it being reconfigured (or is reconfiguring to be able to "use" the item on the Astral?)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Now take it a step further....

Since as an astral traveller it is possible to straddle both the Astral Plane and the Physical Plane at the same time and affect both through the use of psionics... What if that nuke is straddling both dimensions with you?
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gadrin wrote:now AT for the Astral Lord takes 1 minute of concentration to move into the Astral, but doesn't mention about "Coming Back". is it instantaneous ?

For Astral Lords and Astral Mages, it takes one minute of concentration both to enter and return from the Astral Plane.

For other psychics, it would appear that Astral Transference only requires a single melee action, like any other power. Other psychics have to expend I.S.P. though, so I assume the time was deemed a balance factor.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

gadrin wrote:best thing: have a timer for up to 20 minutes.

now, does the timer work on physical time or subjective time ? :P
just have the A-Mage/Lord setup a small (minimum size A-Domain, where time is matched with earth. And straddle the A-Plane and the Physical plane from within your domain (or the domain of the man you just killed). the nukes time will then work/be subjected to normal temporal flow.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I had to think of all this when I suggested it to my GM a year or two back. The scary thing is that
a) I had a suitcase nuke (thanx to that high level security ranking in Spook Squad.)
b) New a A.lord who would do this.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Campaign unfortunately ended shortly before I could implement my plan.

:(

Return to “Nightbane®”