Astral Plane Time Differential

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Rifter 9 clearly states that a astral lord with the right amount
of PPE can buy limited time control at the very least. This ability
costs 20 creation points and allows a astral lord to choose two time
flow rates and switch between them at will. Since this can be done with a
mear 20 creation points a astral lord or creating entity can more or less
make time flow any way the feel like it if they have the proper amount
of energy.

Buy rifter 9 by the way its a awsome book and the most usefull
rifter I ever bought
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

gadrin wrote:I've got Rifter #9, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything "official".

So it seems I could make an Astral Lord, or even a Mind Melter in Rifts who can use Astral Transference/Navigation (powers in Between the Shadows) and he can wait a minute, "transfer" and return one melee action later, completely full with ISP and rested, assuming he goes to the Outer Layer or his own Realm within the Outer Layer. (Just going to the Outer Layer, might be too dangerous).

I also assume he doesn't have to wait a minute to return, because he's on "Outer Layer Time" and the minute to astrally tranfer is on the other side, so to speak.

This way in the physical world, it'd look like someone teleported for a melee action, but actually spent 42 hours in the Outer Layer/Outer Domain recuperating and back for fun and games.

astral lords are some of the most powerfull beings in palladium books
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Astral Plane Time Differential

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gadrin wrote:Between the Shadows states that in the Outer Layer time passes different, where 1 minute in the physical world = 1 week in the OL.

does this extend into Astral Domains ? (assuming one is built in the OL).

Yes, or at least, it can. According to page 38 of Between the Shadows:

Time in [the Outer Layer] moves more slowly in comparison to the physical world and Inner Plane; usually, a week spent in the Outer Layer is the equivalent of a minute in the physical world. Astral domains and kingdoms in this region often share the same time differential.

gadrin wrote:is there any other time differentials elsewhere in the Astral ? (Inner Layer, Void etc.)

Not that I can find, other than the reference to the Void connecting with all times and places at once.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

ok that would be a cool place to live Gadrin I
once ran a astral lord with a domain where every thing
looked like glass. Another one had a natural law where every
thing was in black and white because he was really into noir
books

Return to “Nightbane®”