Changing Forms & Damage

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Changing Forms & Damage

Unread post by The Beast »

Okay, now that we all got really cool transformation effects thanks to The Rifter, I need to ask the following:

1 = If you are hit while changing forms, where does the damage get removed from? This isn't much of a problem on Nightbane Earth but could be quite deadly on Rifts Earth.

2 = If you're down to 1 hit point in Facade form and do a quick change to Morphus do you still have only 1 hit point, or are you full strength.

I couldn't find if these questions were asked before, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

1) I personally would go with the form being changed to, as above, but I suppose you could also argue that during the transition you might have the everage of the Facade's and Morphus' respective stats, or some percentage of the latter.

2) Given that Morphus HP is about double Facade HP, I'd say you have 2 Hit Points, and have to regenerate back to full over time.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

completly seperate.

your HP/SDC in one form has nothing to do with the other. you can be down to 1 HP in morphus form and be at full health in facade, and vice-versa.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Azrael wrote:The damage done would be dealt to the form you are changing too.

Agrees with this opinion.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Azrael wrote:
Though when possible I give players the option of chooseing their own characteristics, unless they just build a killing machine with alot of SDC and a Super Damage ability.

Isnt that what their supposed to be in the first place?

depends on the kind of gameplay you prefer.

think of Nightbane as a cross between Vampire the Masquerade and Call of Culluthu

re-read what I just said. FEEL your IQ drop...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

In response to the main question; they take damage to whatever form they are changing into (i use completely separate SDC, but same HP, so if the Facade had 13 HP left, in Morphus he would have 26). the reasoning for such is that this is how it goes in HU2ed for the APS powers.

As to some other comments made;
Where did this idea that Nightbane are two different entities / beings come from?

And

Why would they not regenerate the 10 SDC / HP per melee in their Facade? (take a look again, It's listed as a power of the R.C.C., but never specified as being Morphus only)
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Malakai wrote:In response to the main question; they take damage to whatever form they are changing into (i use completely separate SDC, but same HP, so if the Facade had 13 HP left, in Morphus he would have 26). the reasoning for such is that this is how it goes in HU2ed for the APS powers.

Where does it ever say that in HU? APS transformations take only one melee action, making it impossible to be attacked at the same time you're transforming.

Why would they not regenerate the 10 SDC / HP per melee in their Facade? (take a look again, It's listed as a power of the R.C.C., but never specified as being Morphus only)

It also doesn't specifically limit Supernatural Physical Attributes to the Morphus, but from the various Nightbane characters in the books and statements to that effect in the Wanderer Diaries we can see that this is clearly the case.

The Wanderer Diaries do mention that the Facade heals faster than a normal human, but it is implied that it is at a slower rate than the Morphus (see Nightbane RPG, p. 9).

From this, I'm inclined to use the Facade regeneration rate listed in Dark Conversions, converted to H.P./S.D.C. (IIRC, it was 1D6+2 per minute or something very similar).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I see a similar thread started up. Any chance on one of these getting sticky?

Return to “Nightbane®”