Devour Elite Talent

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I'd say no, don't eat it. Nightbane are NOT demons dispite appearance first of all. and second of all being able to eat other nightbane to gain their powers kind of cheepen's the whole "every nightbane is different" theme.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

If you have Powers Unlimited, the major powers of Absorb Bio-Mass and Super Consumption would make good templates to start from.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Watch FLCL

A good guy could just as easly have this power
and its just as possible that said power wouldent
harm the target.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Lord Cherico wrote:Watch FLCL.

No thanks. I'd rather attempt to keep my sanity intact.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I have all sorts of talents, and The Devourer Talent Could have many diffirent uses, and even greater versions of it as well.

but generally I'd suggest having the powers imitate teh natural ability of vairous Nightbane Creatures ( skinners and vrykolas for example).
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

The Last Darkness wrote:As for FLCL my ex made me watch that in its entirety. She was horribly confused while I understood it fine.

That alone makes me fear for your sanity. FLCL is enough to drive anyone to the bughouse.

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

FLCL wasn't un - understandable, it was just mindlessly perverted.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I don't like the idea of nightbane having this power... just my 2 cents.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Wait a minute...I saw FLCL from the first episode, and I'm not sure it actually *had* a storyline. It's best described as South Park from a completely alien cultural perspective (like, say, aliens from another planet kind of alien).

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Beelzebozo wrote:
The Last Darkness wrote:As for FLCL my ex made me watch that in its entirety. She was horribly confused while I understood it fine.

That alone makes me fear for your sanity. FLCL is enough to drive anyone to the bughouse.

you need to read the manga and watch the series to understand
whats going on. After reading the manga I finally got it.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

You people did a nice job of derailing this topic, talk about FLCL somewhere else.

I enjoy the idea of this ability very, very much! I would suggest limiting a character by allowing a stigmata/alien shape as a prerequisite, perhaps even furthering it by allowing those with the trait extra mouths being the only ones to take it. Perhaps following the idea that with so many mouths upon his/her body, the character is driven by an insatiable urge, which could lead to the talent, perhaps even add an insanity ruling to it if you think that seems logical. I had a character with the extra mouths trait who ate his fallen opponents on a routine basis :D , it all depends upon the bane i suppose...

I would like the idea of a "rush" or some sort of high that follows the devouring of ones opponent. Which may turn the character into a cannibal of sorts. You may wish to provide a saving roll each time flesh has been eaten to see if the character is addicted or some such if you like the idea.

What are your thoughts?
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

An Elite Talent: Devour is an interesting concept. I can see it coupled with a "Demon's Mouth" Oversized Carnivorous Bite-type of stigma (yes, I've seen plenty of anime with that in mind) that would manifest mainly from the chest/torso area when this Talent is activated. Maybe a sucking-in-air effect to accompany it.....

This would be an interesting hint where the legends of cannibalistic creatures like the Wendigo would start from....

And YES, I've have seen FLCL in it's entirety. FLCL is proof that some anime is just beyond the limited mindset of us Westerners & should be just left alone without trying to explain it. Aneurysms get started that way.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “Nightbane®”