Need some extra ideas

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

You could have him simply melt into a disgusting mess when he uses his plasmoid abilities and then reconstitute to a "solid" form when not using it.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Need some extra ideas

Unread post by Glistam »

The Last Darkness wrote:Im currently rolling a new bane. To start up a new game with friends since my old 8th level one is to powerful to bring into our new setting and I dont play with that group anymore.

Part of the Morphus I rolled
Monsterous Lycanthrope
Werespider and Werebat combo
Stigmata metal exoskeleton
alien shape - plasmoid

Now im having problems figureing a hard exoskeleton combined with plasmoid.
I wanna know if anyone has some extra ideas how to work this?

Ive considered inside the armor hes plasmoid and can leave the armor in that state as well as he can change the exoskeleton to be hard/create it at will and return to a plasmic state as well.

As a stigmata metal exoskeleton, why not have pieves of metal plates jutting out of his plasmoid form? Imagine something like a lump of clay or silly puttly, with many ragged chunks of metal stuck in at various positions and angles. It covers most of the 'bane, and offers the protection, but it certainly doesn't look like it was inserted with care (hence, the stigmata part). If all these metal plates from the exoskeleton are flat and small enough, he should be able to still utilize all of the plasmoid abilities. Just my take on it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I dunno, i really like the plasmoid body pouring out of the armored spider/bat husk. One of my most vivid memories from childhood is watching a tarantula molting. Same could go for this guy, but in his case what's inside of him is a bloody morass!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The Last Darkness wrote:I like the ideas, Im going with concept wise the metal exoskeleton is reminicent of the spiders chitin one.
Ive also considered part and part as well.
Like Hands and forarms metal clad but upper arm is oozy connecting it to the body.

basic body design im going with is humainoid spider framework.
Haveing a humanoid torso two humanoid legs and a pair of humanoid arms.
But jutting from the shoulders and just below the rib cage are pairs of spider limbs. On the back are a pair of spider limbed batwings.
Its solid parts are black metalic and spindly like a spiders.
Thats my intial concept.
Like I said im working on integrateing plasmic into it as well and apprecite all the ideas and would like other opions as well.

This is kind of like the molting idea, but to incorporate the plasmoid body you could make the armor segmented, and instead of the joints connecting the plasmoid "stuff" forms all the joints and oozes a bit around the segments where it touches. It would also give the 'bane an unnatural movement, since it's joints wouldn't be limited in how they moved. To utilize the plasmoid abilities, the armour segments just kind of flatten out to flat, segmented plates covering and mixed within the ooze, and when the body reforms the plates go back to their regular unnatural armor shape.

I really like that idea, I may need to make some kind of NPC with plasmoid and the stigmata metal exoskeleton. Just that alone could be freaky enough.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.

Return to “Nightbane®”