Nightbane Character Creator

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Soulsheath

Nightbane Character Creator

Unread post by Soulsheath »

I am currently attempting to create a character generator for Nightbane using VB6. To anybody's knowledge, does one already exist? And, is anybody interested in assisting me?

I plan on making it available to everyone at no cost for personal use.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Hi Soulsheath! Just wanted to welcome you to the boards in a friendly way before your topic gats shut down. It sucks, but here's the rule (from the "Rules of the Board" thread in "All Things Palladium Books"...

Palladium Copyrighted Material

...We cannot grant permission to create derivative works, or to take any of our other registered Copyright rights, for commercial purposes or financial gain, unless there is a separate, written agreement between you and Palladium. Also because of other licensing agreements that Palladium is actively working on, please note that permission to play online and post derivative works does not include permission to create and distribute any Computer programs, whether they are computer games or computer character generators.

Please consider this paragraph your formal "limited license" to use Palladium copyrighted text and trademarks solely for your own personal use and enjoyment on the net and other on-line services. In addition, Palladium grants you a "limited license" to create works which are derivative of Palladium copyrighted text, so long as the resulting "derivative works" are used only on the net and other on-line services, for personal fun, and NOT for financial gain.
I know it kind of sounds like it's allowed, but i can almost guarantee this will get closed.

Anyway, welcome!
Soulsheath

My thanks acreRake.

I have contacted Palladium knowing their copyright rules and I can just hope that since nightbane is an older ( and complex) setting that it may be allowed.

However, is there a way I can ask the same question without saying it will be distributed to other, but that whomever assists me will be entitled to using it since it will only be for the "creator's" personal use?
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

If you aren't distributing it, you can do whatever you like, so those that develop it can have copies for personal use I would imagine. Making a generator available to the public though has been nixed many times, regardless of system, so I don't hold much hope here. With their recent forays in to video games, I'd bet they're keeping an especially tight reign on what they allow. Good luck either way :-)
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Soulsheath wrote:My thanks acreRake.

I have contacted Palladium knowing their copyright rules and I can just hope that since nightbane is an older ( and complex) setting that it may be allowed.

However, is there a way I can ask the same question without saying it will be distributed to other, but that whomever assists me will be entitled to using it since it will only be for the "creator's" personal use?

you can make a character generator program for yourself legally. as soon as you give a copy to anyone else, including members of your game group, you violate the law.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Not if they stole the copy from him. Then he would be scot free. So just bring a bunch of burned cds to you nightbane game. Lay them in a pile and turn your back for a while.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Soulsheath

Well my thanks to you all.

I will be making it regardless; I had just hoped to be able to share with others who share my adoration for this odd system.

Return to “Nightbane®”