What O.C.C. for police tactical officer?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

The Natural/Genius is a good starting point. All kinds of character types can be made with that P.C.C.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I would have to say you'd have to make a Millitary specilist OCC that was level 5-6 that changed his OCC to a police OCC. Starting the new OOC off @ level 3 acounnting for the time beteen then and now.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Look in Between the Shadows, there is an OCC for elite soldiers in there. An ex Ranger / SWAT team guy would definitely count
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

BTS2 actually has a SWAT Tac Officer Occupation, if that's of any use to you. Combining it with a military background might be a bit more mixed up, but it gives a good idea of where the SWAT part puts ya.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I gave you what you said you wanted. And what you said was that you wanted an experienced guy from the psecle forces that turned cop...so that discription sort of precludes having a L1 guy fo a char.
Mike Taylor

Black Cross wrote:Mike, I never even thought of that one. Just looked it up and it definitely looks interesting.

I think you'll find that PCC quite useful for creating all kinds of exceptionally talented "normal" characters. I've used it to create vampire hunters, medical doctors, writers, artists, and muscleheads.
Mike Taylor

I would rule "yes" if the character has any blatantly supernatural abilities (such as supernatural P.S.). Otherwise, I'd consider the characters mundane but exceptional human beings.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Black Cross wrote:drewkitty, I did not mean to offend you, but here is how I always understood Palladiums character rules. All characters start at 1st level, even those with more past experience. Spook Squad soldiers are all former Special Operations soldiers, which would mean that they all would have at least two years of military experience. Does this mean for a starting campaign they should all start at 3rd or 4th level? Your past experience gets you to the level of skills you have at level 1, then you add to those skills as you use them more in the game.

Does anyone else have any opinions or feelings on this topic? If so, please weigh in and let us know.

They should, or have their SpcOps skills start @ L3 or four. As for the char rules....you can start off your char at any frellin level you please, as long as the GM argees with you that this char should be started @ those levels. If your GM only wants L1 chars then go with the OCC that fits what you want, just remember to give your char a background and detaile it with places he has been and done, things he regerets having done, and things he is proud of, people he has met alonge the way and people he has loved or still loves.

Return to “Nightbane®”