Darkblades

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I wouldn't base the darkblade's cutting ability just on the fact that it is sharp. How it is forged, as well as the material it's made out of, give it that ability. But if the darkblade is a blunt weapon with no cutting edge, then I wouldn't let it cut through things.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Darkblades

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:Is it the material that the weapons are made of that gives them the ability to carve into the hounds? or is it their construction that makes them so sharp?

Whether the Darkblades' armor piercing ability is a quality of their material and construction or enchantments on the weapons is unknown (I happen to think it's both), but the Hounds' are only weak against Darkblades because they're weak against all magic weapons.
Last edited by Tinker Dragoon on Thu May 19, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

You could always say that a blunt dark weapon, does half damage to the AR (If it isn't natural) and half bypassed straight to the target considering there magically properties. On the natural AR front just let them do half damage if they fall to score above the AR.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

an unsharpened darkblade can't go THOUGH armor, though i'd say it'd do double damage to it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Nightbane®”