Doppelganger philosophy

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well, Attila the Hun's doppleganger leads an independent tribe of nomads in the Nightlands.

Anyway, here's my thought.

99.9% of all Dopplegangers hate and fear the Nightlords. The most notable exception to this is the Doppleganger Warlords, who are usually quite loyal (probably have a higher incidence of loyalty than most other minion groups).

So why to the Dopplegangers work for the Nightlords so readily? Simple, they have an inherent victim mentality. They fear the Nightlords so much, that they won't step out of line. Their only hope of real freedom is to get to Earth. To get to Earth they typically have to work for the Nightlords and they have to kill their own double.

Once on Earth, their life is much better. Many of them will continue to co-operate with the Nightlords out of fear or a misguided sense of loyalty created by being raised by the Nightlords to a position of importance and comfort (relative to what life was like in the Nightlands). A number of Dopplegangers would take the first opportunity presented to them to run and leave the conflict. An even smaller number of them would take the first opportunity to switch sides and join the fight against the Nightlords.

A Doppleganger that awakens in the Nightlands is in a lot of trouble. Unless they somehow hide, it is more likely than not that they will be tortured and killed. As their very existence warrants their death, many of them will flee and hide. A small number will take the oppurtunity to pay the Nightlords back for the horrors they have been forced to endure.

Personality of the Doppleganger should be very similar to it's original.Eerielyy similar. The only differences are that the Doppleganger probably has a lesser appreciation for the value of the lives of others than the origonal, a lesser opinion of its own self worth than the original, and probably has taken some of the individual's logic and beliefs a step towards the extreme.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Your welcome
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Nightbane®”