Looking for some help on a few questions

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dejano

Looking for some help on a few questions

Unread post by Dejano »

So its come to my turn to GM the small group that I play with and I've decided to run a NB and BTS2 combined game. I really like the settings and potential of the systems but I've come across some questions that I could use a hand with.

1. For Hounds and other NPCs what level do you use them as and how do you determine their stats? Do you use an average based on the random number suggested (ie. 1d4+1 = 3, 3d6 = 10, etc.) or do you choose to max certain stats (ie. Hounds are all level 5 with max PS, PE, PP, Spd etc.)?

2. Does the regeneration ability of NB allow them to regenerate limbs? Do NB in the Facade form get the same regeneration ability?

3. I do not have any of the NB sourcebooks, and am not able to purchase them all at the current time. If you had to buy them what order would you choose and why?

4. Does the Talent Shadow Blast count as a ranged attack needing a strike roll and a dodge or is it magical and use a saving throw?

5. I am planning on starting them off a short while before Dark Day (max of a year away), and working up to that time. Are there any specific areas that I should make note of that have something significant happen at them?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated, as well as any advice you feel like giving. :)
Dejano

Unread post by Dejano »

Thanks a lot for your input, it should help a lot in getting things started. I'm, thinking of using Seattle or another city in the NW coast as of now, and possibly using one of those online map sites to print out a few maps.

One more question that I've thought of, is how do Hounds, Hunters and Hound Masters communicate? Is it telepathic, magic or do they just shout and yell? :D
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

I would assume the actual communication is telepathic. Regular Hounds, Hunters, and Great Hounds seem to act like a sort of hive mind. Hound Masters obviously have more brains, and may bark out orders in Darktongue occasionally.

Hounds and their kin (excluding Masters) seem to be able to make noises, but don't seem to actually speak. I've always seen them more as living golems than actual sentient beings.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Well, I didn't say it was very complex telepathy. :D Or anything a human psychic or other mind-reader would want to listen in on, for that matter (if they could, it'd be likely to cause insanity).

Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Der Klown is always glad to be of use.

Return to “Nightbane®”