Its a den of stinking evil, of corse it is its Wormwood!?!

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Its a den of stinking evil, of corse it is its Wormwood!?!

Unread post by Judas »

Hey guys, looking to spice up my NB game a bit by mixing it with another fav setting of mine Wormwood.

Looking for some advice, my NB group have recently been to the astral plane trying to track down the Hellfire Club, an astral organisation I came up with that has been hounding the characters for quite sometime. however because there astrally based they have managed to escape the group time and time again.

Well they had enough and decieded to take the fight to them, so with rage fuelling them they jumped though the astral hole and vanished.

Well they had no astral mage with them, no astral lore, thankfully there was a psychic there with Astral Navigation with them.

Well long story short they gained an ally in the taratuoids (I think thats how u spell it, no books at work :nh: ) who gave them the means to penatrate the Hellfire Clubs realm and kill the Astral Lord who was maintaining it. The taratuoid that aided them would need them soon to aid them in returning a valuable artifact that was in my words, "Stolen by a being who knows no time...(Temporal Raider) to a world that only knows one life" (Wormwood)

Well you can see where am going with this, I think that the NB group will fit nicley in Wormwood, there all tragic figures in there own way and considering they believe there world is taken over by the supernatural, when they see the living hell that is Wormwood I am hoping that they see there are those worse off then themselves and the fight against the Nightlords is one they can win.

The Group consists of 2 Bane, 1 Demi-god of Inti (Decendent from the godlings left behind when inti lost his fight against the nightlords, only recently found out he was a Demi god when a vampire smelt his blood and called him Godseed) 1 Sorcerer, an Artifact Bearer and a priest possesed by a demon.

Am wanting to thow may players a right hook, there of a fairly high level and currently fighting the Nightlords like terrorists, attacking where they can and moving on, they have faced vampires, Demons (one of the party is possesed by one) Cultists the lot, the plunge into the astral plane went really well, this I don't think they will see it coming and should go down really well especially if I keep the gothic horror going that can easily be done on Wormwood (They eat worms and most of the good guys look like the bad guys the whole place is like a frickin' Horror movie :demon: )

Well first question to the Wormwood possie (am posting this in the NB forum cos it is mainly that), I don't want them to appear in world gate because I don't want them to see "too" much to soon and going to a transdimensional hub may just do that and distract the players and take away some of the suspense and horror I hope to create.

Sooooooo am lookin for a location where the unholy are situated but not dominating, near some human settlement prefable, now it has been ages since I read the Wormwood book and am planning on "liberating" (Nicking it :D) it from my mates house on the sly (he's one of my players and if I ask him to borrow it he will know something is up :shock: and am not gonna be busted this time :quiet: ) so I may not get hold of it for a week or 2 and I want to get my quest notes written if nothing else so I could do with some location suggestions, the Temporal Raider is actually working "freelance" for the Unholy so the players will no doubt see a crawling tower if there really unlucky. :twisted:

Its all about location, location, location...
Any other ideas or suggestions welcomed!

Question 2 :P

Am thinking beyond the Wormwood campaign 4 when the players get back, now this is just theoretical but if one of the The Host was summoned/created in the Nightlands (I'am aware they can't dimensionally travel without killing themselves and a willing human has be a vessel for them to link with a world) and manged to summon another two so there environmental control comes into play;
What do you think the area of the Nightlands infected by the Unholy would look like because lets be honest it is exactly a tropical retreat to begin with, What extra powers they might gain (would they get mirror walk etc..) and would they be able to travel to NB Earth without diying because the dimensions are so close, a mirror away you could say?

Am thinking of possibly bringing some unholy too NB, I think they could work really well there, not a world conquering force but it would spice things up especially IF the players make it back and consider there trip to 'hell' over & done with, maybe they will suprise me and make allies on Wormwood and keep up relations using the astral plane? They are a pretty inventive group so you can never truly second guess them, makes a GM beam with pride 8-)

Well thanks for reading this small essay, any suggestions, ideas, help appreciated :ok:
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

I think I good starting point would be south of the demon moutains east of "kirk Lesion" there are lots of ghost towns which could add to the gothic feel and a few demon occupied human towns, with Kirk Lesion being the only sizable city for quite some distance. Also the powers at Kirk Lesion shouldn't be to formadable for your party.. if they choose to go in that direction.... liberating the town would infact be worse for the inhabitants :D . the only problem you might find with this location is that it is quite close to the human territory and worldgate.. but they won't know that.

as for your second question.

creating new adventure ideas in the nightlands is a good idea... but the nightlands is an SDC world and they would loss all of there wormwood abilites, the unholy/hosts would be a lot less powerful then a nightlord, so you'd have to decide how the nightlords feel about this intrusion..... war in the nightlands? allies? nightlords are unaware (which couldn't happen for long)?

anyway that's my two cents.

Return to “Nightbane®”