Galactic Travel via Astral Plane or Dreamstream

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Unread post by Guest »

If you know someone that is off world, then gettign to them through the DreamStream is easy if you have the ability, like dream dancer's and makers, to exit near them from their dreams.

Going through the astral Plane is more fraut with danger, having to enter the AP fully to cross distences between worlds, or the Void if you want to cross dimentions
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

Tyciol, given that your message was bleeped, were you saying it's a bad thing or a good thing? ("Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" *makes French gesture of indifference with hand* "Comme ci, comme ça")

If you know the person well, the Dreamstream would be ideal. I've always assumed that the Nighebane Dreamer talent would, if you exited frmo the Dreamstream while within a dreamer's pool, be able to exit you near the dreamer. As a form of cross-country travel, it would be a great way to save on Airline faires.

The major problem is: does the Dreamstream connect between different dimensions? We know things touch Astrally, although getting to the connection points are tricky or downright dangerous (ie. traveling to the Void and then out from there to wherever.) The Dreamstream *might* connect, but it's not a sure thing. Given that storms do rage across the Dreamstream according to things that happen here, yet they don't seem to happen completely randomly, which they might if storms also came in from other dimensions, it seems unlike that it would be that easy.

On the other hand, there are many stories (and RPG's) where in your dreams you can actually reach other dimensions or planets... or at the dreamlands of those places. It's posible that if you know someone intimately who is currently in another dimension that you might be able to visit them through the Dreamstream, though they might be considered "far away" and harder to find than normal. The Dreamstream mght also have an "edge" to it that you can find, and perhaps knowing that dimensionally-distant friend is a way to do so, for your emotionally attachment lets you "see" or "find" there dream pool... but it is somewhere else... like placing your head up against a dark glass into another room and seeing it, but very faintly, and then finding that you can cross over through the glass onto another Dreamsteam entirely.

This is all, of course, highly speculative. I don't know the cannon answer for it, and I'd like to, but other people's speculations and thoughts about such things always makes for great reading, pondering, and house rules.

While writing this, it occurs to me that the Dreamstream itself is described rather vaguely in the book. When you are running it, how do you make it appear for your players? Do things looks different from one player to the next? (ie. the "background" and dream pools) Is it a formless void with islands of stuff (dreampools)? Do they walk around it? How do you describe it to them?
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

Tyciol wrote, "...where do you get POORLY from?"

In this entire thread the word "poorly" is used only by you, Tyciol. (Well, and now me as I quote you.) You used all uppercase as though to quote something, but that something didn't exist before you typed it. What are you talking about? Perhaps you should re-read the posts and try replying again.

Return to “Nightbane®”