Astral Domains after creator killed

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Astral Domains after creator killed

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Lextar wrote:What happens to the Astral Domain if the Astral Lord and the people who created it is killed?

Beats me... I don't know the rules for astral domains well enough to say for sure.
I can make a couple guesses, though...
1. The dimension collapses and expells or destroys everybody in it.
2. The dimension goes feral.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

buy rifter 9
it states that the astral relem
dies with its owner
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

And since it's in a Rifter it's therefore OPTIONAL. Personally it think the ones that aren't trapped all to crazy are colonized by Tarantuloids (they gotta live somewhere).

'Nother words, they're [shiver]still out there[/shiver]...

Hey! this gets me thinking... Since you determine the Location (table J) of a domain with Creation points, you can go back later and move your domain...right? Like pull the whole thing into the inner plane, or onto a ley line, or push it to the edge of the Void...Or into the Void?

...you know, so no one could move in after you die :D
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

They start to unravel...

Generally, most will not survive more than a few weeks after his/her death.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: Astral Domains after creator killed

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Lextar wrote:What happens to the Astral Domain if the Astral Lord and the people who created it is killed?

We've run it like this.

It starts to decay.

Nasty things move in (whatever you want them to be).

It starts to change, subtly taking on the aspects and views of the most powerful personality within.

The nasty things that moved in start taking on changes as dictated by the (sub-concious) mind of the strongest personality.

If you've played the game Castlevania, you might look at how the castle itself changes through the incarnations to reflect the differant changes in Dracula and the others who have held sway there over the years. That kind of thing. Of course, it doesn't have to be dark and evil. It could be light and good if someone else, somethint not evil, finds it's way there.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Angryjack wrote:and if you want rules on " Dominatiing " an Astral Domain, figure a PPE cost of half the Creation points invested in it to take it over.

Sure, that would work just fine.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

Well we had an astral mage cake it and using our extensive GMing experience managed to resolve it, our theory went a little like this.
It all depends on what level of the plane your on, a realm in the void would collapse in on itself as soon as the will of the mage (bless his soul :-D ) passes from this world, the void would crush the PPE out of the realm, in outer plane a realm would slowly "leak" the PPE into the surronding ectoplasm, the realm would start losing its most expensive features first, say losing 10 creation points a day, but remember astral time, if your on earth and see your astral buddy cake it and you have left the most important items & information in there (yes am talking from experience), by the time you gat there even if you hurry and it takes 15 minutes, nah thats 15 weeks on the outer plane that realm is bye bye.
A similar effect would happen on the inner plane except it would take longer to dissolve (so to speak). maybe 5 creation points a day because the inner plane is more stable than the rest. The only execptions would be realms on dragon roads or better yet Nexus points, I'd give them a % chance of surviving depending on the creation points pumped into it, in other words how much soul the mage put into it If it survives then all laws concerning access (limited, hard and such like) drop, the realm would then no doubt attract lots of evil nastys.

Then it would go down the road mentioned by The Artist Formerly, odds are would turn into one of thoses astral hells Victor Lazlo nearly goes in, nevermind what the Nightlords can do :shock: .

Well that a theory, feel free to embrace, dis, mock you get it :lol:
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Return to “Nightbane®”