The Bloody Mary Post...

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

The Bloody Mary Post...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I want some more feed back, some clams that there is no such thing as the ba'al or something...I mean, really.

http://www.lazlosociety.org/viewtopic.php?t=30

It's on the new gamers information forum for BtS.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: The Bloody Mary Post...

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

pblackcrow wrote:I want some more feed back, some clams that there is no such thing as the ba'al or something...I mean, really.

That is not what they are claiming.
If you believe that then you need to learn more about what BTS and NB are and how they are two different universes anyway. So even if they made that claim it would only work in BTS not NB.

But they aren't .
What they are actually suggesting is a conection between the Nightlords and mirrors and "bloody mary" type mirror women myths/stories.
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

ash_wednesday wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:I want some more feed back, some clams that there is no such thing as the ba'al or something...I mean, really.

That's not what they are claiming.
If you believe that you need to learn more about what BTS and nB are and how they are two different universes anyway. So even if they made that claim it would only work in BTS not NB.

But they aren't .
What they are actually suggesting is a conection between the Nightlords and mirrors and "bloody mary" type mirror women myths/stories.

You culd work it into a nightbane game though..everytime a person does the bloody mary thing a female dopplegangger pops out of the mirror and kills the people...hhhmm....

Yes, you most certainly could, that is an excellent idea.....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

ash_wednesday wrote:
Tyciol wrote:I do Bloody Mary every now and then if I get bored and am reminded to, nothing's happened yet...

If it ever does, I plan to seduce her.
With our luck, she be ugly...

She's not, I converse with her regularly. Problem is, you can't touch her, but she is quite lovely if a bit snappish...and, oh, don't get me started on that horrible accent. I am forced to ask her to repeat every fourth word for cripes sake.
:fool:
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Tyciol wrote:She better be hot after bathing in all that virgin blood.

Bloody Mary and Elizabeth Bathory/Erzebet Nadasy are two different beings.

http://www.mythology.com/bloodymary.html
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Mike Taylor wrote:
Tyciol wrote:She better be hot after bathing in all that virgin blood.

Bloody Mary and Elizabeth Bathory/Erzebet Nadasy are two different beings.

http://www.mythology.com/bloodymary.html

I want to go to the Carpathians one day, just to see if the air smells funny. Why do so many nut jobs come from that place?
:fool:
Mike Taylor

Let's see.. inbreeding among the nobles... lousy weather... forbidding terrain... violent history.... inbreeding among the nobles.
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Sir_Spirit wrote:

If you believe that you need to learn more about what BTS and nB are and how they are two different universes anyway. So even if they made that claim it would only work in BTS not NB.

But they aren't .

Lightning Plant wrote:
Sean O'Neil wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Could it be that there is a connection to Bloody Mary and the cult called the Ba’al’s Nightlands? Could mirrors be used as a gateway? Am I just babbling? (Probably!)

I hate to tell you this, but mirrors are a gate way. And if you haven't seen whats on the otherside you don't want to.

Indeed. I've heard about some nasty things through the looking glass. However, in my research, I've seen allusions to a race of supernaturals who just may be on our side, or at least as much as any human is.

I think you just might be right...

You're welcome...
Mike Taylor

Tyciol wrote:I don't care if they're different, I'm sure Bloody Mary did the same thing, and I could have both at once.

No she didn't. The urban legend of Bloody Mary/Mary Worth simply states that she will appear in a mirror when summoned. She is supposedly bloody because of injuries that were done to her. Any tale you might have heard of her bathing in the blood of virgins comes from Elizabeth Bathory's real-life acts.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Rpgpunk wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:

But they aren't .

Lightning Plant wrote:
Sean O'Neil wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Could it be that there is a connection to Bloody Mary and the cult called the Ba’al’s Nightlands? Could mirrors be used as a gateway? Am I just babbling? (Probably!)

I hate to tell you this, but mirrors are a gate way. And if you haven't seen whats on the otherside you don't want to.

Indeed. I've heard about some nasty things through the looking glass. However, in my research, I've seen allusions to a race of supernaturals who just may be on our side, or at least as much as any human is.

I think you just might be right...

You're welcome...

For what?

Return to “Nightbane®”