Astral Politcs

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcethus
Champion

Astral Politcs

Unread post by Marcethus »

Just had a questioning thought of just what the Astral politcal situation would look like and how others view it.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Im thinking the sitution is very much like
parts of africa, filled with warlords and
blood shed
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I get a feeling of something more like the Persian Gulf.

Lots of large expanses you could roam around in forever without meeting a single soul, but a whole bunch of powerblocks clustered around a few resource rich points.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

hmmm interesting ideas so far
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Jefffar wrote:I get a feeling of something more like the Persian Gulf.

Lots of large expanses you could roam around in forever without meeting a single soul, but a whole bunch of powerblocks clustered around a few resource rich points.

Here you go. Add in strange localized effects, like a bone yard of ships and airplanes from the Bermuda shorts triangle, Avalon/Camalot, the lost contenant of Mu, and any other odds and ends you want to toss in and you have a pretty workable picture of the plane, without giving up future developmental freedoms.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

When I've come up with stuff, usually the groups the players would be interacting with are individuals from the Grey Ghost society, Club Freak, and a few individual Astral Lords (and one AStral Mage). The politics between them was very loose, more like a society of colledge friends or fellow professionals who occationally contacted each other.

The more tense relations I had fleshed out yet. Other races and being involved were handled based on individual Astral Lord's whims and domains. Relations between Atral Lords varied, but were treated much like individuals with great power relating to colleges.

Return to “Nightbane®”