Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Milleks
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:40 pm

Palladin

under their "Vulnerabilities/Penalties" it says:

"when travelling outside the Plane they must stay within 3 miles of a leyline or nexus point"

later it says:

"Milleks without astral proj or astral transference cannot leave the the Astral Plane and enter such physical worlds as..."

does that mean they can only astrally project near a LL or nexus, or is there some special feature of astral transference going from the astral to the physical that I totally missed ?

or something else ?

and another simpler one:

Can these guys travel to any physical plane without using astral proj ?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:24 pm

Supreme Being

If I remember right, Milleks can indeed only astrally project/transfer themselves to locations in the physical plane that are near Ley Lines, and those Milleks that cannot astrally project cannot come to the physical plane at all.

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:56 am

Palladin

so the mention of Astral Transference is just a decoy :eek:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:42 am

Champion

They can also use Astral Transference to get to the Physical Plane

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:44 pm

Palladin

Marcethus wrote:
They can also use Astral Transference to get to the Physical Plane

but isn't Astral Transference = materializing ???

or am I thinking too much :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:22 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
Sure, but they can only stay materialized near a nexus point. If they go beyond that, the power of astral transference would cancel, they would go back to astral form, and be either pulled back into the nexus point or ley line's range, or be sent back to their dimension, whatever happens if they go beyond that range normally.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:20 am

Palladin

Tyciol wrote:
Sure, but they can only stay materialized near a nexus point. If they go beyond that, the power of astral transference would cancel, they would go back to astral form, and be either pulled back into the nexus point or ley line's range, or be sent back to their dimension, whatever happens if they go beyond that range normally.

ah, good points.

I guess I was focusing on the "can't materialize" too much.

that's not too bad. It's rather like the dream constructs/personas that can enter the prime material world when a Dream portal is opened.

I can live with that.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:33 am

Champion

Quote:
NB Between the Shadows pg 65. Vulnerabilites/Penalties PPE Depency: Milleks do not eaty but derive nourishment from the ambient PPE of the Astral Plane. When travelling outside the Plane they must stay within 3mi of a ley line or nexus point. Every day spent outside this range, the Millek will lose 1d6 PPE and 1d4 HP. If either PPE or HP are reduced to 0, the character falls into a coma and will die if not taklen to a PPE rich area within 24hrs.
Also, Millek without astral projection or astral transference can not leave the Plane and enter such physical worlds as Earth or the Nightlands. The Millek can only visit the material world in astral form, they cannot materialize in the physical world. Thus they have the same advantages and limitations as any ghost like astral traverller.

According to what it says in the book the Millek if they posses astral projection or astral Transference leave the astral plane and enter the physical world (Earth, Nightlands, whereever) but to survive they must stay within three miles of a ley line or nexus. if they don't they start to starve and die. Now if a Millek doesn't have the astral projection or transference powers they just can't leave the Astral Plane.
and That's just the way I interpet it from reading what is in the books that I found and posted above.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:37 pm

Palladin

Quote:
they cannot materialize in the physical world

this was messin' with me, since Astral Transference basically turns your physical body into an astral equivalent. I assume for the Millek (going to the physical plane) the reverse is true.

In other words they materialize (even if it's briefly and in a certain place.)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:19 am

Champion

Yes the Reverse is true

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.