Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Possible Bane sourcebook
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:29 pm

Explorer

I think an aspect of Nightbane that is too often overlooked would make a great sourcebook. If the Spook Squad had a little more depth, they would be a lot more fun to play.
I suggest a more BPRD approach to the Spook Squad, allowing for Nightbane, Wampyr, Guardian, and werebeast agents along with the psychics.
Also, the Squad can have thier bullets blessed by a Priest per the Rifter #1 BTS conversion which would have them do supernatural damage.

"You have to remember that people who watch FOX and listen to AM talk radio aren't what you'd call 'critical thinkers'. They don't call themselves 'Dittoheads' for nothing." -FOX Attorney Dori Hanswirth.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:57 pm

Adventurer

Dont forget that there are three weapon enchantments in the nightbane main book. Each lasts a different time, but they can be used to enchant hand to hand weapons and projectile weapons, guns included. Then everything fired from those guns does double damage and acts like a magic attack. So you would only have to enchant guns to have all ammo fired be considered magic and do double damage.

Just an observation

Aegis

I wrote a post a while ago imagine enchanting a 90 mm recoiless rifle then it would do like 4d4 x100 damage. Say goodby to any nightlord avatars with that thing.

"I think you've got the solution Aegis."- Sentinel

"Enjoy the boards instead of trying to make them into your own image!!! "- Maryann

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:59 pm

Explorer

Hadn't thought of that. Good point. I wanted to add more anti-supernatural measures including employing supernatural agents and magic methods as well. Otherwise the Squad wouldn't have a chance.
For me, it's a lot more fun if your characters have a snowball's chance against the enemy.

"You have to remember that people who watch FOX and listen to AM talk radio aren't what you'd call 'critical thinkers'. They don't call themselves 'Dittoheads' for nothing." -FOX Attorney Dori Hanswirth.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:18 pm

Explorer

You know what's really cool about the Spook Squad too? You get templates for all kinds of G-men you can use in other games.

For example, in Aliens Unlimited, it's said that Project Secure and Tyche are manned by NSA, CIA and FBI agents. One could use the Spook Squad OCCs for these characters. The anti-supernatural bonuses could be applied to aliens and/or alien technology they are familiar with.

Also the PAB could be dropped into BTS for kicks. Kind of an X-files riff. It might be fun!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:02 pm

Dude you have to 1 thing and this it. Spook squad has doesn't have very many magic users at all if any. So the weapon enchantment spells you are talking wont help due to they're distinct lack of wizards. the reason for this lack is that for the most part spook squad isn't trusted by hardly anyone

TRUST IS EVERYTHING IN A WAR TO RECLAIM ONES HOME!!!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:20 pm

Explorer

True, but in order to make them more formidable, I suggest allowing some sorcerers into the group as well as some supernatural creatures.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:56 pm

Knight

I would like to see more info about the Warlords!

Shadows of light did not give any info about who the Overlord of Pit/Pittsburgh.

Who wants to see a Book on Warlords?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:49 pm

Hero

I allow them in my BTS games. :D

Not that it does them anygood ... mwuahahahahahahahaaaa!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:07 am

gaby wrote:
I would like to see more info about the Warlords!

Shadows of light did not give any info about who the Overlord of Pit/Pittsburgh.

Who wants to see a Book on Warlords?

Well, as I understand it, the Warlords were pretty much wiped out along with the Resistance in Pittsburgh. You'll have to talk to Jason Vey about the details of that, though.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:39 am

Explorer

personally, I'd like to see a book on whatever's going on in China, like I seem to remember being vaguely promised to us way back in Between the Shadows...

something about some group called the Silver Dragons or something, as I recall...

more info there would be NICE.

Worst Fortune Cookie Fortune Ever (when eating alone): Give a kiss to the person who sits next to you.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:50 pm

Invisible Pink Unicorn

welvrin wrote:
Dude you have to 1 thing and this it. Spook squad has doesn't have very many magic users at all if any. So the weapon enchantment spells you are talking wont help due to they're distinct lack of wizards.

Grammer good, bad grammer make Santa smash! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously there was a scene put in one of the books where they have a table around which is sitting a bunch of people who make up the spook squad 's local leadership, including a "self proclaimed witch".
No reason why a human wouldn't be allowed to join, they've got to know that magics real after merging with PAB.

Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:22 pm

Palladin

Astroman wrote:
You know what's really cool about the Spook Squad too? You get templates for all kinds of G-men you can use in other games.

For example, in Aliens Unlimited, it's said that Project Secure and Tyche are manned by NSA, CIA and FBI agents. One could use the Spook Squad OCCs for these characters. The anti-supernatural bonuses could be applied to aliens and/or alien technology they are familiar with.

Also the PAB could be dropped into BTS for kicks. Kind of an X-files riff. It might be fun!!

actually almost all of the OCCs/PCCs/RCCs in Between the Shadows are great for Rifts too.

I'd prolly let anyone make a PC using those for Rifts (and we'll keep the action on Rifts Earth.)

But the Astral Lord/Mage, DreamMaker, Natural & Genius, Arcane Detective just to name a few are all great expansion stuff. I prefer the Mind Master's skill selections for Phase World (removes the "dumb" Mind Melter).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:08 pm

Explorer

Necrophim is one of my all time favorite RCCs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.