Lesser or Greater?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Lesser or Greater?

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Since the Nightbane are supernatural beings, would they be considered greater or lesser?
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Just ask yourself if a nightbane could take on a Bal-Rog.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Lesser...The catagory of greater is for things such as Vampire Intel's.

(And no I am not talking about a gremilin posessed computer processing chip! LOL)
Ankh, udja, seneb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Most Bane would be lesser in their morphs, but about 10% or less would be cocidered to b e greater because of their PPE & SDC amounts.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Lesser.
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

lesser
Lunaryoma
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

Reguardless of how powerful an individual Nightbane is, they are lesser if you compair them to such things as true elementals, vampire intelligences, evil intelligences form another world who grant power, mind slugs, and the like. Just because one has a particularly combat-ready form or is high level with some powerful talents wouldn't up that since the spell effect classes of whole races, not individuals. You can look like a giant, legged tentacle-faced slug al you want, you are still some kind of weird shape changer from the Nightlands.

I'm curious now, though, what do you have in mind?

Summoning them would be a mental exercise. Would you get the nearest one to you? The nearest one in the corresponding point in the Nightlands? A random one from the Nightlands?

Since they are immune to any form of mind control, you couldn't contrain or bind them. Things like protection circles and the like should work on the fine, though, to actually keep them from harming the summoner; of course the record collection is probably not so protected.

Another issue: would things ilke summoning and protection circles either not work at all on a Nighbane in Facade form or have a lesser chance to?
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

I do recall that spell, Aegis, but I never was able to make sense of it. Nightspawn are supposed to be immune to things that would transform them or control them, so why would they be constrainable by a spell that would pick their forms for them?

And, for that matter, why would such a spell exist? While I might (very small chance) be willing to accept some explaination like "it's a varient of the spell used on a proto-formless one before you drop them off at an orphanage in a basket", I don't see the spell getting wide circulation to be avaiable to some random starting sorcerer/bozo.

None-the-less, constrain being, far more common and [usually] useful in such matters, wouldn't work. At least not as I see it.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

The spell exists for the few magi that know of and have combatted Nightbane. the spell binds a NB and the caster can force them into whichever form he decides he wants them to be in. of course once the NB is free of the spell I would watch your back if you are the caster lol Vengeance can be deadly from a being that can live nigh forever
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Lesser. They ARE supernatural, and can be pretty powerful, but are no where like the impressive natural powers of greater beings... well, very high level spawn might become the equal of greater beings
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I say lesser. In no way are they 'wimpy', but I reserve the 'Greater' catagory for intelligences, Gods, Elder/Ancient dragons, etc.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Nightbane®”