Lightning Rider Talent question

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Archmichael
Wanderer

Lightning Rider Talent question

Unread post by Archmichael »

How fast/far does the use of the lightning rider talent take the nightbane. I think that the rule states that it lasts for 1 minute, but how far could you travel in that time?
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

If no conductive materials or wires are available, the character becomes a ball of electricity with a speed of 8. However, travelling through wires, it seems to imply that travel is at the speed of light (about 300,000 kilometers per second). So in one minute, a Nightbane could travel 18,000,000 kilometers. That's assuming you can find 18 million miles of cable. In game terms, traveling through wires is essentially instantaneous.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Would it be the speed of light or the speed that electical currents travel at. It would be near instantaneous, but I don't think it would be quite light speed. That might just be me though...
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Electricity does travel at the speed of light, unless I'm mistaken. Near enough to make no difference in game terms, though.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Beelzebozo wrote:Electricity does travel at the speed of light, unless I'm mistaken. Near enough to make no difference in game terms, though.

Yes electrisity flows at near the speed of light but not quite. If the connection goes through a satelite add 1 sec for each time the link goes up and down from the satelite. From the US to Iraq there is about 2 sec delay. So for between the US and eouope there would be about a 1 sec delay
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Yes but the Lightning Rider talent is for use on wires only from what I recall you can only travel from place to place if it is hardwired, Much like the Bugs from Systems Failure.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Well whether it's the speed of light or not, it still basically allows a nightbane with access to electrical cables pretty much unfettered access to an entire continent (possibly the whole world if they've still got the old copper trans-atlantic and pan-pacific cables and haven't completely replaced them with optical fibres yet). You might need to know in advance how to get to specific places if you plan on travelling long distance, but if you're not too worried about popping up somewhere more or less at random, a minute's more than enough time to get pretty much anywhere on earth that's hooked up to the power grid or has landline communications.

Return to “Nightbane®”