Nightbane: Knoxville (Shadows of the South)

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Nightbane: Knoxville (Shadows of the South)

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

After procrastinating as long as humanly possible and then some, I finally got around to finishing my write-up of Knoxville for Shadows of the South. Also, last week I added a short article on Nightlord hierarchy and responsibilities (in the GM's section). Both of them can be found at:

http://www.necromancerbob.com/shadows.shtml
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

8) I must say I am very impressed with this web page of yours.
Its awesome. I can't imagine the time and effort that went into this.
It's almost a book in itself. It's also the kind of material that Nightbane
is crying for. Sticking to the essential story of Nightbane. Excellent
job. I'll probably be checking this place out a lot. :ok:
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks. In the next week or so, I should have the Old Flames finished. Just doing the character write-ups now. I'll also post the little bit I have for Charleston done - a bit about the Seekers of the city and their ghost-hunting, if I can get it into shape.

gaby
Knight

Nightbane:Knoxville (Shadows of The South)

Unread post by gaby »

You are doing a Fantastic Job!

I can't wait to see OLD Flames!

Think Local Color is one of the Best parts of Shadows of the south.
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

It's really too bad that PB doesn't take fan work except in the Rifter anymore. This could be an excellent book.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Yes, but I think you've just answered something for me. I'd rather not have Big Kev's greasy mitts (or naughty tentacles, as the case may be) on it. Rather preserve my original vision - in keeping with The Grand Master And God CJ's, of course. :D

Old Flames might be done tonight.

Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

I think CJ would be proud. You've done an excellent job in keeping
the "spirit" of the original intent for Nightbane intact.
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

Well, Old Flames wasn't done last night. I've had the overview of the group done for a long time now, but it's taken me forever to finish the character stats. I've realized that I loathe character creation under Palladium's system. It's done now.

gaby
Knight

Nightbane:Knoxville(Shadows of the South)

Unread post by gaby »

What Nightlord and City do you think will be Next?
Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler

The Nightlords are done for the moment. I may get around to writing up Lord Fenris - thinking about the region he's been placed in has given me a few ideas of what he's like. Probably one of Behemoth's more loyal (and powerful) retainers. Sollen and Maelstrom aren't "typical" retainers, obviously, and I should probably balance out Behemoth's roster of underlings with another semi-loyal Ba'al.

A far as cities, my original plan was for Nashville, then Birmingham, but right now I've got more ideas for Charleston than anywhere else. I'll probably post a few tidbits on Charleston (my write-up of the Seekers there is almost finished), then try to get some work done on Nashville.

As for my ideas:

Charleston can be summed up as "chaos and ghosts". The Seekers of the city are investigating a disturbance in the Mirrorwall - the barriers between reality are breaking down. Already the South's most-haunted city, Charleston has become downright infested with ghosts and other spooks. Feuding vampire clans prowl the city's historic district, and above it all Lady Maelstrom's primary avatar struggles to maintain order and conquer a city when her master won't even pay attention.

For neutral ground, Nashville is crawling with intrigue. Expect emmissaries from Magog and Corphus (his nearest retainer to the area) bargaining, and Sollen's governor avatar trying to find a way of making himself independent. Nashville's music industry is undergoing some upheaval behind the scenes, with the minions of Behemoth, Lilith and the remnants of the Black Horse Society trying to control the corporate boardrooms.

Birmingham is the home of the Brotherhood of the White Rose, a Cult of Night masquerading as a white supremacist organization. The Underground Railroad, led by an ex-slave, has finally been pushed to fight. Racial tensions run high against a background of heat, smoke and steel.

Those three should take me a while to finish - or even get started on. I've considered doing a bit on Miami, based on some of Matt's old ideas, but it would probably turn out to be similar to New Orleans. I'm also considering starting a larger web project, Shadows Over America covering other regions of the country (which SotS would then be part of). If/when I get a fourth city for this one finish, I'll post my outline of it. It's an ambitious project, and I'd rather not start it until I can stick with this one.

Reagren Wright

Let's hope there's a New Orleans left for characters to visit.
Ivan is coming :?
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Bob, be sure to touch base with Jason Vey to get ideas on how his creations might operate in other parts of the U.S. Oh, and go play with us on the Shadowboard. It's kinda quiet over there.

http://netwerk.proboards23.com/index.cgi
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

yes we need for fodder... I mean people for the ShadowBoard
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

very nice.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Nightbane®”